I need a GTP pro... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
irishanaconda
I need a GTP pro...

Ok here it is!!!
now my question is: I have no males to breed to some larger proven bps and i was thinking about posting it in the trades section and im not quite sure what its worth. It was born in may of last year from david bellis' PopcornXmellow yellow clutch and the babbies were not cheap. I was told it should have gone thru its "color change" by now and the siblings have. The GTP market is wierd so im not sure what would be a fair market value. any help much appreciated

Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
hadenglock
If you have paperwork proving its lineage then i would sell it around the same cost you bought it for. Not having paperwork however will leave many skeptical in buying it, especially those who are big on GTP and breeding. That aside i would sell it for around $300-$350 since it is a cbb regardless of lineage and im going by its size. Unless you know anybody who is seriously interested in buying GTP from you, its going to be hard to sell it, GTP babies are getting cheaper and cheaper these days.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
irishanaconda
i have a pedigree for it yes, and most GTP ive been seeiing have some sort of green... this one is almost a year and a half with not one speck. there is 7-9 white spots tho

Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Snake-Queen
With paper work & the fact that it is yellow, you could, in the right market get $800 or more for it. Is it male or female?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
irishanaconda
donno, never sexed it. I never tried either cause i know there pretty fragile little things and i have sausage fingers and am used to probing bps lol. Here are the parents http://youtu.be/i-mo_p9cZ84

Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
Nice ... you could probably get whatever you wanted for it.
Do you have a pic of the tail & vent? I know my males tail is much longer than my females.

Yeah, their tails are delicate ... wouldn't try popping.
If you know someone in your area that could probe it, you could get a better price if it is female.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
irishanaconda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Nice ... you could probably get whatever you wanted for it.
Do you have a pic of the tail & vent? I know my males tail is much longer than my females.

Yeah, their tails are delicate ... wouldn't try popping.
If you know someone in your area that could probe it, you could get a better price if it is female.
sorry no pics of the tail but thanks for ur help! I will prob wait to post until i get it sexed just so ppl know what it is. I was looking for a male bp that has the ghost gene in it like a cinny lesser het ghost or somthin but i dont know if im far off on what its worth lol. Def dont want to offend anyone there are some wierd prudes out there

Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
Snake-Queen
LOL
I understand that!

I don't deal in BP, so I have no idea their worth. I have mostly boas and 2 different pythons ... tree trees & Macklot's.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
GreenTreePython13
Hey, I breed both GTPs and BPs. May I ask how much you paid for this snake, and how old it was when you got is? Since you said you had paperwork, if you got it when it was a neo and now it's 1.5 years, you could probably tack on another hundred or two. Do you know it's Locality? If it's a full or partial Biak, then the fact that it hasn't changed yet isn't that special because Biaks often take up to 3 years to change. A Cinny Lesser Het Gr Ghost might be a stretch. They're worth a little more than what I'd peg this snake to be. I can give you better info if you answer those few questions

Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
GreenTreePython13
Oh also, I'm assuming it was a Yellow Neo, correct? Believe it or not, generally the high yellow adults come from red babies. Red babies are more expensive because they tend to carry the genes for the more impressive colors and patterns as adults.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!