Info My experience with Reptile Basics / Cold Blood Novelties - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
w_johnson
My experience with Reptile Basics / Cold Blood Novelties

I saw an ad on ks.com advertising 1.0 albino patternless bull snake and contact Frank at Cold Blood Novelties by phone. On the phone I was told the male was bright orange and he had a het patternless albino female, said both were in great condition. We came to a price of $300 shipped and set shipping arrangements.

I was given invalid tracking number and I called several times over the next 6 hours trying to resolve shipping issue. I finally got the correct tracking number and received the snakes asplanned the following day.

On 11/20 When I opened the box I was amazed at how skinny these snakes were. The male was more yellow in color than orange and the female has a obviously kinked tail.

Frank said to ship them back and he'd credit my card. I spoke with him later, about crediting me $60-$70 and me just keeping the snakes. I was willing to keep them because I felt that they were in no condition to be put back in a box an shipped right back. He said he would call me back the next day(would have been 11/22/09) after speaking with Rich at Reptile Basics but never called. Today neither will answer their phones or return my calls.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
bareptiles
Wes I'm sorry you are not happy, but this is not like either of these guys. I have done business with both Frank and Rich. I have never had any problems ever. Both GOOD GUYS IN MY BOOK. They have to have something really going on for this to happen!

Just my 2cents
Chris

Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
Wes, please post photos of the snakes as well as any email correspondence.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
alexestrada17
did you ask for any pictures of the snakes before they were shipped? Also i think on your part either you want the snakes or you dont. If you do want them then thats it you keep them. Why should they credit your card any amount. If you dont want them, then ship them back...i dont how you guys look at it..but thats just my opinion...

Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
alexestrada17
forgot my name..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexestrada17 View Post
did you ask for any pictures of the snakes before they were shipped? Also i think on your part either you want the snakes or you dont. If you do want them then thats it you keep them. Why should they credit your card any amount. If you dont want them, then ship them back...i dont how you guys look at it..but thats just my opinion...
Alejandro Estrada

Old 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
hhmoore
Are Frank and Rich partners? I see that Frank is an authorized distributor for Reptile Basics racks/cages; but unless there is a closer relationship, the two really need to be listed in separate threads

Old 11-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
w_johnson
I have associated Cold Blooded Novelties ie Frank with Reptile Basics, Inc ie Rich due to the fact that the snakes were shipped from "Rich Goldzung". AND everytime I had a question for Frank he either asked Rich for the answer or couldn't answer it without Rich's input. Either way, my complaint is not specifically against Rich, moreso towards Frank.

Prior to the sale, Frank informed me that he was getting out of snakes because "why would I clean up snake sh*t" when I can sell supplies" Which indicates to me that selling his "supplies" is more important than feeding his animals.

All of our correspondence was done over the phone, therefore I have nothing in "writing" to prove or disprove Frank's statements.

Here is the bottom line: I was misled by Frank to believe that I was purchasing an "orange" colored Albino patternless Male Bull Snake. I was first told by Frank that the female was het for albino, then told she was het for snow. There was no receipt or genetic certificate to prove any of this.

Secondly, the animals arrived thin. I know this because I jkeep a number of colubrids myself. Bull snakes are supposed to a round shape...their spines are not intended to protrude and their skin should not sag while they are laying inside their cage.

Frank finally returned my phone calls today. I informed him that the animals were not in any condition to be shipped across the country again. It would cost me $ 45-$55 to ship them back - AT MY EXPENSE! Why would I send these animals back to someone who doesn't take proper care of them AT MY EXPENSE!

Frank infomed me today that I could ship them back to him or shove them up my a**. I proceeded to tell him what I thought about him as well.

When you no longer care about the condition or quality of the animals you sell, it's time to get out. GET OUT FRANK!

Pics are included.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
Sub Jungle
We have made several snake rack purchases from Rich at Reptile Basics, Inc - all of which have been positive experiences.

Rich has been helpful and professional throughout all interactions.

We have not dealt with and can not vouch for Frank or Cold Blooded Novelties.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
Reptile Basics
Bull snakes

First- I did not sell the snakes. Frank did.

Second- You seems to have trouble getting payment made in time to ship before the end of the week. I was kind enough to run the card.

Third- You had difficulty writing down the tracking number that was given to you on the phone by Frank ( was about 8 feet away) when you made payment. You called back a few minutes later asking why the tracking number was no good. It was explained to you that it would not be any good until UPS picked up the package and scanned it. At that point it was just a label. Apparently that was not good enough for you so you left half a dozen messages on Frank phone threatening to come to NC. Seems you lost your cool pretty quickly? Also seems your box showed up on time and where you wanted it.

Beyond that I have not participated in any of this. I have ignored your two messages because I do not have time for your fun and games and threats.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
snakemami
I too have dealt with Frank and Rich and purchased an Albino Applegate Gopher in August and picked up at the Daytona show a few weeks later. I have nothing but good things to say in their communication was excellent, and the animal was in perfect health. Just my opinion that they are excellent.
Alanna Cohen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!