Info My experience with Reptile Basics / Cold Blood Novelties - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #51
MikeCurtin
I'll try to help, and I'll type slowly.

If my local widget store has a bunch of different widgets advertised, and I call them only to find that they are too busy to give me specifics on the exact widgets available because of the high volume of customers in the store, I can't really blame them. If they tell me they are too busy, and that I'll need to come down to pick them out, I can either choose another store, or take my chances. Again, sounds like he was busy, not arrogant.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #52
sheffernan13
I think this is getting outta hand....

I think that all the accusations are completely not neccessary. If you want to you can check the IP address and you will see that the posts are coming from different computers and different people.

I already stated that I personally do not have any problem with rich at Reptile Basics, I do have a problem with someone that is selling snakes that are imperfect. I know that if anyone on here bought a snake that was supposed to be specific color or sex and not kinked tailed, and it arrived as such you would be just as angry and dissapointed.

I understand that all of you that have bought from Frank and had good experiences are all going to back him. As well as those that did not are going to put such. I think that all of us trying to battle that the situation should have gone one way or the other has no purpose.

I feel that in order to promote good business, especially in the reptile industry, you should always attempt to provide the best product as possible. If they are kinked, reveal that they are as such, if you say they are good quality animals provide such. I know that in this economy each and everyone that is in the reptile business is having a little difficulty, lets just try to provide the best quality in order to continue the hobby.

Just trying to help,
Shaun

Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #53
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheffernan13 View Post
I think this is getting outta hand....

I think that all the accusations are completely not neccessary. If you want to you can check the IP address and you will see that the posts are coming from different computers and different people.

I already stated that I personally do not have any problem with rich at Reptile Basics, I do have a problem with someone that is selling snakes that are imperfect. I know that if anyone on here bought a snake that was supposed to be specific color or sex and not kinked tailed, and it arrived as such you would be just as angry and dissapointed.

I understand that all of you that have bought from Frank and had good experiences are all going to back him. As well as those that did not are going to put such. I think that all of us trying to battle that the situation should have gone one way or the other has no purpose.

I feel that in order to promote good business, especially in the reptile industry, you should always attempt to provide the best product as possible. If they are kinked, reveal that they are as such, if you say they are good quality animals provide such. I know that in this economy each and everyone that is in the reptile business is having a little difficulty, lets just try to provide the best quality in order to continue the hobby.

Just trying to help,
Shaun
I agree Shaun, and for the record I've never bought anything from Frank. However, in order to know that this is what happened, it will take more than a blurry pic of the "malnourished" snake on death's door, and a kinked tail from who knows what snake, to convince me. Call me a skeptic. Even if I were to take the OP at his word and the two pics provided, given that Frank offered a full refund if he wasn't happy, he still sounds like an okay seller on the up and up. The OP is trying to extort a "discount" out of Frank because he's not satisfied, by way of demanding money back and keeping the snakes. It's really very simple. If you don't like the snakes, ship them back and get your money back. If they weren't up to my standards, I know I would. If he feels he has a "moral obligation" to keep the snakes to keep them safe and alive, then do so without attempting to extort money from the seller. Accept the monetary loss and stay on that high road.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #54
whimpyguns
rich,
again i am slow, how long should i expect to wait to be able to purchase animals advertised on KS? Lets forget the columbus show because i wanted to pay shipping and get the animals without making the drive. that is what i offered. i have purchased quite a few snakes online, but again, your help and insight would be greatly appreciated.....
is it typical for the seller to put off customers for weeks? months? how long should i wait between calls?
again, i am slow, and you seem to be quite sharp.....as a marble.
thanks for your wisdom.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #55
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimpyguns View Post
rich,
again i am slow, how long should i expect to wait to be able to purchase animals advertised on KS? Lets forget the columbus show because i wanted to pay shipping and get the animals without making the drive. that is what i offered. i have purchased quite a few snakes online, but again, your help and insight would be greatly appreciated.....
is it typical for the seller to put off customers for weeks? months? how long should i wait between calls?
again, i am slow, and you seem to be quite sharp.....as a marble.
thanks for your wisdom.
I'd say, as long as you're willing to wait. If you want his animals, and he's too busy to wait on you... you either wait, take your business elsewhere, or don't buy anything. I don't see many other choices. You bought the animal, and then come on here calling him arrogant, simply because he was too busy to jump up and push you to the front of his priority list. If he was "arrogant" why buy the animal? I can't even see why the sour grapes, much less what would make someone thing Frank is a "bad guy" from your story.

*rolls along the floor, looking for other marbles to bump into*

Old 11-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #56
whimpyguns
i must apologize, i never meant for any of this to get personal. i had one dealing with frank, i wanted to purchase multiple animals that he advertised. "in my opinion" his customer service, at least in my opinion, was horrible. i am fully aware that anyone that does a large volume of business can have issues. i felt as though i responded to his request to contact him after the show, waiting several days, but still unable to purchase the animals i wanted was not good service. the animal that i did purchase was the same species, but not of breeder size (what i was trying to purchase). his animals seemed comprable to those offered at shows. again, i cannot, and have not, remarked negatively to any of his animals, only the customer service, or lack thereof, that i recieved.
anytime i see a post about someone i have dealt with, i will post my dealings with that individual. obviously some people will not agree, i am not here to please the "followers or friends"
i hope i did not offend anyone, even though this has turned out to be quite entertaining, i only want people to see my dealings with this person.
mike

Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #57
whimpyguns
PS, Rich....I was taking the animal home, not Frank......(that is why i made the purchase)
Have a great Thanksgiving.
mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!