Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #21
Ed Clark
A few words about internal parasites.

Both ball's were fed mostly live rodents and snakes that feed on these have shown to carry internal parasites. she asked what they were feeding on and I told her.

She also asked about the origin of the captive hatched thin stripe female. I told her it was a captive hatched and not a captive bred ball python. the likely hood of a captive hatched BP having internal parasites is extremely high. its smart to visit a vet with any new snake purchase like this to do fecals to remove internal parasites. if you feed live rodents the chance of them having internal parasites on the next fecal exam is almost guaranteed. its a preventative maintenance thing that should be done regularly. some do it every 6 months some every 12 months. both BP's had good body weight and both were instant feeders. both were very healthy the day they were shipped.

I shipped on the day requested. if her temps were so far below anything safe she should have had me hold them until it was warmer.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
spyder79
no mention of how to rectify the situation with the snake being miss-sexed? Seemed to have skated around that topic.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #23
TripleMoonsExotic
Brian, read post #9.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #24
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Brian, read post #9.

Yes but then after that the feesability of the vets sexing method was called into question. What i was hoping to see was what would need to be done for the sex to be verified in the eyes of Ed.

Personally i think this is a sucky situation but i do not think Ed owes the OP any vet bills considering that the OP decided to have the animal shipped to him during a time where he knew the temps would be sub 0 in his area.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #25
rusticreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
Yes but then after that the feesability of the vets sexing method was called into question. What i was hoping to see was what would need to be done for the sex to be verified in the eyes of Ed.

Personally i think this is a sucky situation but i do not think Ed owes the OP any vet bills considering that the OP decided to have the animal shipped to him during a time where he knew the temps would be sub 0 in his area.
I am not asking Ed to refund my vet bills. I am asking Ed to either refund the purchase price of the animal, or to at least tell me how a replacement would work so we can get that in the works. I don't even know if I am to ship this snake back, which I feel is wrong to do at this point. I am not a licensed shipper with Fed Ex so I don't even know if I could if the weather and health of the snake was okay. I also don't feel right spending over $300 on vet bills so I can send him back a healthy parasite free snake to sell at a higher price. JMO. Again, have no clue how this works since everyones policies are different.

He OFFERED to ship right away. You can see it in the emails I posted. I admit I was STUPID for saying, ya okay let's do it Wednesday. I foolishly thought he knows what he's doing. It's fine. Lesson has been learned, believe me.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
rusticreptiles
ED, you have posted twice on here now. Would you please shoot me an email so we can talk!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #27
JCrespo
why would the purchaser want to return a snake that he/she has invested so much into to get another that he/she may have to re-invest into? There should be some sort of compensation - maybe a replacement sent and be allowed to keep the snake that the purchaser is paying to nurse back to health with proof of the vet bills...?? Or even a split or something so that the purchaser doesn't feel as though he/she was a victim. I know that I am saying Ed Clark just bites the bullet...but if the purchaser was supposed to get a male but instead got a sick female and found out the snake was missexed as a result of bringing the "male" snake to the vet - the purchaser had already mafe a commitment to getting the snake's health back... it sounds like the purchaser had already paid for the replacement snake.
Just my two cents...

Old 01-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #28
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrespo View Post
why would the purchaser want to return a snake that he/she has invested so much into to get another that he/she may have to re-invest into? There should be some sort of compensation - maybe a replacement sent and be allowed to keep the snake that the purchaser is paying to nurse back to health with proof of the vet bills...?? Or even a split or something so that the purchaser doesn't feel as though he/she was a victim. I know that I am saying Ed Clark just bites the bullet...but if the purchaser was supposed to get a male but instead got a sick female and found out the snake was missexed as a result of bringing the "male" snake to the vet - the purchaser had already mafe a commitment to getting the snake's health back... it sounds like the purchaser had already paid for the replacement snake.
Just my two cents...
Wait you are telling me you joined this site just now and your very first post on this site was on this particular thread? That seems odd.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #29
Otter_23
Ed,
You have been doing this long enough to check temps in both areas when shipping. You have also been doing this long enough to not ship in those types of temps or at the very least warn the customer of the dangers, as you well know there are many new people in this hobby that don't know how things work exactly and it is your duty as seller to inform them.
Take care of the issue and next time use common sense.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #30
JCrespo
really you have nothing better to do but wonder about the oddity of someone's timing... maybe it just happened to be something i noticed... I usually browse these forums in spare time to just see about "people" so I am informed when I go to make purchases... I do the same research on cell phones and computers - any investment...

Sorry to have offended anyone... I just thought I was allowed to put MY opinion out there since others seemed to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog