inquiry: Matt Egan of Ancient Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #1
Lee Herps
inquiry: Matt Egan of Ancient Reptiles

Hi all, Wondering if anyone has delt with Matt Egan of Cottage Grove MN. Last week I sent money to him for an adult pair of argentines. He received the money thursday and he said he will ship monday. Well monday came along and I did not hear from him so I gave him a call. He said he went to ship them out and got there about 5 minute too late so he will ship them out tuesday. Well ok fine, no problem. Tuesday comes along and I receive an email saying he did not ship them out due to cold weather. Well ok fine, no problem. Wednesday I get an email saying he did not ship them he will ship them thursday. This time he did not give me a reason. Please let me know your experience with him. I am starting to feel as if I am getting scammed. Please let me know. Thank you, Lee

Old 05-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
Lee Herps
update

Hi all, Here is an update to what is happening. If you have done business with Matt please share your experiece. I did not hear from Matt since wednesday. He said he was sending them out thursday. Well it is now almost 6:00 pm friday and no snakes and no answer on his home phone. If there is anyone out there in herp land that knows what I should do please let me know. Thank you, Lee

Old 05-02-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
DarksideBoas
?

Just wondering how much cash you sent him, and how was payment made?

Old 05-03-2003, 11:34 AM   #4
Lee Herps
I sent him two money orders for total payment of $850. Thank you, Lee

Old 05-03-2003, 11:57 AM   #5
ms_terese
Just to clarify something:

You sent him $850 for a pair of Argentine boas???

Old 07-09-2003, 03:49 PM   #6
randy6679
Did you get your animals?

I was wondering if you ever recieved your snakes from Matt,and what your whole experience turned out like. Please give info ASAP.Thanks..

Randy Bush

Old 07-09-2003, 11:40 PM   #7
Lee Herps
Well at the end, every thing was good! I had very hard time contacting him through the 2 weeks he was putting off shipment. But, about the 10th time he said he was going to send them, he finally shipped. I will say that the animals were in great health and were exactly what as expected from the beginning. Thank you, Lee

Old 07-22-2003, 01:09 AM   #8
rihan
Hello all, I just wanted to clarify what happened with mr fray.
It was early in the year and it was COLD and i did not want to ship them do to not only the weather but also that the female was gravid. yes i may have been a little overly carefull but i wanted to make sure that the animals got where they were going safely.

-Matt Egan
Ancient Reptiles

Old 07-22-2003, 03:21 AM   #9
Lee Herps
Matt, first, I would like to say it is Frey not Fray (it happens). Second, my problem was communication! For example, on wednesday April 30th you said you were shipping tomorrow (thursday May 1st). Thursday I tried contacting you to get a tracking number, and could not get ahold of you. Friday I tried emailing you and calling your house several times (the last time threatening to get the cops invalved) after not receiving the snakes as promised. Saturday I get an email as follows:

WOW!
I'm sorry bro i didn't realize you were freakin out so much. I am not I
repeat AM NOT trying to scam you. I was trying to locate heat packs that you
had asked me to include (i was able to get some)
heres what i will do.
Monday by 6pm central tim ei'll have a tracking number to you verifying
shipping through UPS if not you can call the cottage grove police personaly.
I'm sorry for the delay i really am but it was for weather concerns and the
fact that she is gravid i did not want to take any chances with her
i'm going to duluth till sunday evening so if you want to call me do it then.
once again i apologize about the delay and any uneasiness you might have
-matt egan

Matt, all you had to do was send me an email thursday explaining, rather than leave me hanging for three days not knowing what was going on. Unfortunately I am not rich and $850 is quite a bit of money to me. Thank you, Lee

P.S. Did you get your sacks back as you asked? Also the female is doing great and still very gravid. She looks as if she swallowed a pig.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:15 PM   #10
cahrens
Another experience with Matt

I recently(this week) bought a pair of boas from Matt. We went back and forth in e-mails and worked out the details with payment and set a shipping date. He shipped when he said he would....The first time, and the animals were well packaged. I'm still trying to get their feeding records or at least an answer as to what to feed them. Maybe something's come up and he hasn't had a chance to check his e-mail and see 1 of my daily requests for the records. Another concern is that in the ad I replied to, both animals were listed as 02's. I asked him which month and he said July '02. He said the female was about 6 inches bigger than the male but that was due to him power feeding her. On the paperwork I recieved with them it shows the males DOB as march '03. 8 month difference. Anyway communication was good before the sale, the animals were shipped on time, were well packaged, and they appear to be in good shape. Overall I'm satisfied, not happy, just satisfied, with the purchase.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!