Bad Guy Jeff Benfer (Gartersnakemorph.com) Buyer Beware - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #31
TOMMYTRADIX
I doubt he is losing business over this. It was an old retired breeder and I was mislead on her health. Not saying I wouldn't consider buying a baby from him just won't buy an adult cause there is no telling how old they it is and what kind of health its in until it arrives. He produces some awesome stuff btw

Old 02-28-2018, 07:58 PM   #32
jeff benfer
I took the snake back and refunded his money. Not sure what more any business would do differently, then he posted all this crap anyway. All this transpired in a couple days. I have sold literally thousands of garter snakes to people over the years with satisfied customers and have published in several magazines contributed to forums and was interviewed 2 on Reptile Radio, helping people for years, long before Tommy T radix Hamiloton came along. I contributed greatly to the hobby which is a lot more than "Tommy T Radix" Hamilton has ever done productive. He was an upcoming breeder and wanted me out of the competition. Well he succeeded because this damaged my good reputation so much that "Garter Snake Morph" after almost 10 years had to shut down business. Now, I don't really care that much about that because it was just a hobby business, but this public bashing is damaging as I have career. Great job BOI, great job Tommy T radix Hamilton, you did it, your really did something important, great job.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #33
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff benfer View Post
Now, I don't really care that much about that because it was just a hobby business, but this public bashing is damaging as I have career. .
Jeff, you are hanging your own self right now by saying you really didn't care about the business. Which is it, you didn't care about your customers, or you didn't care about the poor snakes? Or both? The damage has come not from others, who recounted what happened during a deal with you, but from your own poor responses both then and now.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:37 PM   #34
Stephenson8011
I have never heard of a breeder not offering a health guarantee upon arrival or full satisfaction. If you’re business practice is take it or leave it and only get a partial refund then I’ll never buy from you.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #35
TOMMYTRADIX
I was offered to speak on reptile radio but turned it down and was asked by the European garter snake association to write an article for their magazine but again turned it down. I speak at my local scales and tails 4 times a year and again at the 4h fair. I don't go around trying to publicize my accomplishments or bash other breeders. There is no competition if its just a hobby.
I posted my experience with you. It could have been an ok transaction if you would have treated me with respect. I've had a few deals go bad but always treated them respectfully and rectified the situation as soon as possible with a solution they were more than happy with. I'm sorry 1 bad review damaged you so badly but it shows the type of person you really are. Its easy to be the good guy when things run smooth.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:43 PM   #36
Snake-Queen
Jeff, why exactly did you resurrect this thread eight months after the last comment?

Old 03-02-2018, 09:19 AM   #37
jeff benfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Jeff, you are hanging your own self right now by saying you really didn't care about the business. Which is it, you didn't care about your customers, or you didn't care about the poor snakes? Or both? The damage has come not from others, who recounted what happened during a deal with you, but from your own poor responses both then and now.
Lucile, i meant that I didn't care about making money, so don't put words into my mouth. I cared about the snakes and the customers and the many friends that I made over the years.
You said "damage has come from others", what others? There is only Tommy to my knowledge. I had hundreds of satisfied customers over the course of almost 10 years.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #38
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff benfer View Post
I took the snake back and refunded his money. Not sure what more any business would do differently, then he posted all this crap anyway. All this transpired in a couple days. I have sold literally thousands of garter snakes to people over the years with satisfied customers and have published in several magazines contributed to forums and was interviewed 2 on Reptile Radio, helping people for years, long before Tommy T radix Hamiloton came along. I contributed greatly to the hobby which is a lot more than "Tommy T Radix" Hamilton has ever done productive. He was an upcoming breeder and wanted me out of the competition. Well he succeeded because this damaged my good reputation so much that "Garter Snake Morph" after almost 10 years had to shut down business. Now, I don't really care that much about that because it was just a hobby business, but this public bashing is damaging as I have career. Great job BOI, great job Tommy T radix Hamilton, you did it, your really did something important, great job.
Jeff you say you refunded the money for the sick and dying snake you shipped to Tommy. did you refund the money in full plus the return shipping cost?

You say Tommy posted this thread just to put you out of business, dont you think that shipping out the sick garter like you did played a role in your business failing?

I am wondering how many others received less than healthy snakes from you and did not come forward?

As far as you bragging about this that and the other maybe you should be spending more time maintaining your herps.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #39
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
Originally posted by MesoCorney .

There is an old saying that it only takes one "Aww shucks" to undo ten "Atta boys." Basically, it is how a seller (or buyer) handles the deals that go poorly that determines their character. Anyone can be great to work with when a transaction goes smoothly.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #40
jeff benfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Jeff you say you refunded the money for the sick and dying snake you shipped to Tommy. did you refund the money in full plus the return shipping cost?

You say Tommy posted this thread just to put you out of business, dont you think that shipping out the sick garter like you did played a role in your business failing?

I am wondering how many others received less than healthy snakes from you and did not come forward?

As far as you bragging about this that and the other maybe you should be spending more time maintaining your herps.
Ed the snake wasn't sick and she was eating, she did have unfertilized eggs, which happens with garters, but that didn't make her worthless or certain death, sometimes the jellies pass sometimes they don't. Probably half of the adults that I ever bought from Scott Felzer were that way and some panned out to be good breeders and some didn't, I never smeared him publicly over it either way. Garters are not as reliable breeders as ball pythons, corns, or dragons, nor as long lived.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!