Inquiry Jon Boone - Where is he? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #11
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzillen View Post
if anyone has a way to get hold of him,
Please post the last contact info you had for him (phone, email, how money was transferred, etc.) and perhaps we can pick up the trail from there.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
KNOBTAIL
So what happens if you do find him! Your only recourse or anyone elses is small claims court. This graveyard is full of dead beat corpses that always seem to appear again and again. In this case, its very conceivable that he may file for chapter 13 to absolve his debts (just guessing) but not so far fetched especially if he had legal family issues.

John has a history and its pretty well tarnished. His absence may be more premeditated on advise of others until he decides to do otherwise. Ive seen it before. Unpleasant as it may be for those who put there money and faith in John to fulfill his obligation, not much anyone can do about it other than take civil action . That may lead to a personal bankruptcy.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #13
Tankster
We should group together take him to the court.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #14
KNOBTAIL
Forced into bankruptcy

I am not 100% certain, but you may be able to force him into bankruptcy. It really would require an attorney to answer that. But that is the only way you can see what his finances are, including tax returns, etc.

Its worth pursuing if you can get some good advise. . JERRY

Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #15
mtorosian
He's been MIA for quite a while. He still lurks on Facebook, but he ripped me off as well, or I should say attempted to. After I posted on Facebook groups of his full scam with screenshots his wife (at the time) reached out and sent me a money order for the full amount. He's a bad guy, and someone that should be avoided, he has ripped off a ton of people and he usually does it by having a couple of good transactions with a person first, I'm guessing to build trust, and then eventually he rips you off. I know a lot of hobbyists who have a story about Jon.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #16
Goliathjustin
He's local to me, definitely still around the tulsa area. Heard him call in on the radio the other day. But he's been MIA in the local community for a long time.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #17
skcrandall
Last set of geckos I sent out was to:
97 West ave
Sand Springs, OK 74063
918-949-1913
jsboone@cox.net

good luck, I was ripped off!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #18
LauraB
And how long ago was that, Shawn, that you sent him geckos?

Old 07-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #19
KNOBTAIL
I was under the impression he owned and operated Geckos Unlimited. A website devoted to geckos , buying and selling. JERRY

Old 07-21-2018, 04:34 AM   #20
mikew1234
Jerry, I dont think he owns that site. He did have a site strictly with pictures of species he had kept. But that domain lapsed 2 years ago?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!