Info Seller beware Jonathan Almada Sacrusin horseracingfan99@gmail.com ebaycollectin@gm - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #21
bcr229
Quote:
On 5/22/2018 12:01 AM, FaunaClassifieds wrote:
> have2believe ( mailto:truetomyself_1@yahoo.com ) has reported this post:
Profile for have2believe

Veronica Almada if you are in Murrieta, California, the OP is in Georgia, and this site is based in the US, why would you think laws in the European Union would apply?

Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #22
Lucille
Deborah,

The OP is a deadbeat and after his fake attorney shenanigans justifiably an object of ridicule and someone who in my opinion should be avoided both in business and personal matters.

But I'd like to say that I think you handled the situation with tact and class, going out of your way to accommodate your customer and never losing your temper once he started his ridiculousness. You didn't even make the thread a Bad Guy thread, but by his responses he has identified himself as a Bad Guy.
I admire the way you handled it all.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #23
Lucille
Not the OP , the buyer:

Jonathan Almada Sacrusin horseracingfan99@gmail.com ebaycollectin@gmail.com

Old 05-22-2018, 09:21 AM   #24
Snake-Queen
When someone gets caught/called out for their shenanigans, step one - name call & put down the seller/buyer, step two - when that fails, mention a 'lawyer" said ... , step three - revert to name calling & bullying.
:rotf:

Old 05-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #25
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post

I lost sales in the past because I wouldn't do Paypal and missed animals I wanted because of the same reason .... and I STILL would never consider using them.
Jim,
You didn't loose sales because you didn't use PayPal, that's the excuse they used. consider yourself lucky, no hassles, and you're not out anything.

It is, what it is, PayPal was NOT set up for animal transactions, PERIOD.

Look at what just happened to Deb, not to mention countless others who have lost, including my $2400 I lost through PayPal back in 2011, so loosing through PayPal isn't new, and isn't getting any better over time.

Now I realize it's people like Jonathan doing the dastardly deeds to good folks like Deb, it's PayPal they're using as their tool.

Deb, here's hoping you have a GREAT Day!

JMHO...............

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #26
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
When someone gets caught/called out for their shenanigans, step one - name call & put down the seller/buyer, step two - when that fails, mention a 'lawyer" said ... , step three - revert to name calling & bullying.
:rotf:
What keyboard cowboys do.....Well said!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #27
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Jim,
including my $2400 I lost through PayPal back in 2011,
Wow ... $ 2400 .... really sorry to hear that !!

Last summer I also found out that unless you're using a POSTAL money order, money orders bought at Mail Zone or any of those office stores , aren't 'like cash' as in the old days.

I paid someone with a money orders from Mail Zone and it took five days to clear. I wasn't in a hurry to get the animls but felt bad for the person who sold them to me as I thought a money order was as good as cash but he had to wait for it to clear like a check.

After checking with the store they informed me ONLY US Postal Money orders are still like cash, the others are subject to counterfeiting and take 5-7 days to clear . That was a new one on me ....

Old 05-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #28
Jdreal21
Quote:
Jim,
You didn't loose sales because you didn't use PayPal, that's the excuse they used. consider yourself lucky, no hassles, and you're not out anything.

Look at what just happened to Deb, not to mention countless others who have lost, including my $2400 I lost through PayPal back in 2011, so loosing through PayPal isn't new, and isn't getting any better over time.

Now I realize it's people like Jonathan doing the dastardly deeds to good folks like Deb, it's PayPal they're using as their tool.

Deb, here's hoping you have a GREAT Day!

JMHO...............

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST ROUTE TO AVIOD SCAMS WHEN PURCHASING A ANIMAL IF NOT THRU PAYPAL?

Old 05-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #29
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdreal21 View Post
WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST ROUTE TO AVIOD SCAMS WHEN PURCHASING A ANIMAL IF NOT THRU PAYPAL?
Quote:

The only way I do business is, personal, or company check, postal money orders, cashiers checks, or bank wire transfer. Personal & Co. checks have to clear before I ship, all other forms of payment, I ship immediately.

Yes it takes a little longer, but I don't get taken, OLD SCHOOL, it's the only way, it's how it always was before the internet, I'm not going to change.

If it's worth having, it's worth waiting for.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:

JMHO...............

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
It definitely works for me........

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #30
JimM
My 'bad' experience with PayPal ... though they might have been looking out for me ...they wouldn't say , went like this :

I bought a trio of snakes from a guy and paid with Paypal because a number of people wanted them so I wanted the guy paid quickly , thinking PayPal would be the way to do it. I PMed him telling him I sent the $$$ and he returned the message saying he'd ship as soon as my E-check cleared.

??? What 'E-check' ???

I e-mailed him explaining I paid with PayPal , not an e-check. He then replied that PayPal told him they were using an e-check and the payment would take 4-5 days to clear !

Ever try talking to someone at PayPal ? When I finally did the person I spoke with explained that to NEVER expect payments to be immediate ... it's at their discretion on how to pay ... sometime instantly and sometimes an e-check.

There was plenty of funds in the account I used so I knew it wasn't that so asked if the seller was 'red flagged' for some reason and if that was the reason payment was going to be delayed and they wouldn't say ... just reminded me that payments are never guarenteed to be instant that the payment could take up to a week if they decide to use an e-check.

Lucky for me the seller was understanding and waited for the e-check and I got my snakes. If he didn't mind waiting he could have moved onto the next one wishing to purchase them.

Though I was not out anything and they might have been protecting me, trying to get info out of PayPal was next to impossible and I didn't like their

" ... because we say so ... " explaination on why the guy wasn't getting his money immediately.

This plus all the ways the experienced scammers use them is why I'd never use PayPal again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!