Bad Guy Kevin Rivera stole my snake! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
I kegally owned her
You did not. The UCC specifies that when delivery is part of the deal, title does not pass until delivery (exactly where that is depends on the specifics of the delivery agreement). The other party may have breached the contract but you have not yet acquired ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
As for this aborted deal, the seller obviously is not knowledgeable about shipping and was largely uncomfortable with that. I can understand why he reversed the transaction.
Backing out of an agreement is not good, but if the seller was unfamiliar with shipping and especially if he had the animal's best interests in mind, I too can understand how he made that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Booey View Post
It certainly seems as though the guy has no idea what he's doing, certainly when it comes to shipping and you likely would have gotten a dead snake for your trouble.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #22
Snake-Queen
He was uncomfortable from the beginning, he didn't want to ship and only accepted the funds for the snake when pressed by the buyer.

Since he obviously didn't know anything about shipping, his idea to use hand warmers to heat the snake was done due to ignorance, not so for the buyer (maybe) especially if she has had snakes shipped before. Hand warmers are dangerous.

When he started saying shipping wouldn't be refunded, period, it was time to let it go.

You got your money back, he basically canceled the transaction. Yes, disappointing, but not criminal.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #23
Ed Clark
Emily, you had a bad experience with someone that did not know what they are doing. be thankful that you received your money back it could have been a different story. try not being bitter or vengeful move forward in a positive manner because there are many many ball pythons out there that can put a smile on your face.good luck.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #24
Deborah Stewart
OP look at this as a blessing in disguise, should he have gone through with shipping the animal (considering what I have just read) it would likely not have end well for the animal.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #25
Mister Internet
Good lord. I remember when people used to post real problems here lol.

When you use words like "legally", you ought to stop and be sure that you know what you're talking about. There is no law anywhere that says you "own" something just because you gave someone money. Ownership obtains when the transaction is fulfilled, depending on the modality appropriate to the item in question.

I cannot understand the amount of entitlement and hubris required to raise this much dust over a $200 snake. It didn't work out, you got your money back. move on. Life is going to get much, much, worse than this, I promise you.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #26
elena
Emily, you shouldn't have been giving him shipping advice when you so obviously don't know a thing about shipping snakes. Hand warmers? And there was no mention of using an insulated box on either side. Shipping a snake at 40 degrees can be done safely, with the proper heat pack and insulation. I've done it several times.

You are disappointed? You dodged a bullet. That snake would have arrived dead. No crime was committed. You wasted the police officers' time. Now you're wasting ours.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #27
Dthompson2634
Guy didn't want to ship and refunded you your money. I guess I don't see the big deal, other than some unprofessional behavior?

Old 05-22-2018, 04:41 PM   #28
Lucille
I am hoping that Emily reads the comments here and perhaps will realize that Kevin's decision was the best one for the snake, in the circumstances and that ultimately, the critter's safety comes first. She posted to his classified ad as well as posting here, I am hoping that post will not interfere with the sale of the snakes.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #29
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
She posted to his classified ad as well as posting here, I am hoping that post will not interfere with the sale of the snakes.
What did she post? A link to the BOI thread wouldn't harm him.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:50 PM   #30
Lucille
Her post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
I bought that snake. You have refused to give her to me. I have filed a report with the police.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!