Inquiry MOC Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #41
MOC REPTILES
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
What was the date of the sale?
He purchased the animal on the 2nd of January, picked her up on the 13th, told us the female was loosing appetite on the 25th, the animal died on the 30th.
What a coincidence, after several years we raised such a solid animal... remember so well day temps were below 60 sometimes during those days in Miami, he lives more in the north.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #42
elena
It really sounds like the animal should not have been outside at that time of year.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #43
elena
Highs in West Palm Beach during that period were in the mid 70's, lows in the mid 50's. Can someone with strong tortoise experience comment on those temperatures, and whether they are appropriate?

Old 08-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrod View Post
I bought two leopards Tortoises and they both died.
So the female died some 2 1/2 weeks after the buyer picked them up, what's the story on the other one?

Old 08-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #45
elena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
So the female died some 2 1/2 weeks after the buyer picked them up, what's the story on the other one?
I'd like to know as well.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #46
Lucille
And why wasn't a necropsy actually done by the buyer? If there was one tortoise still alive it might be important to know why the first one died. The buyer seems to have mentioned a necropsy only in relation to a refund, never mentioning his concern with the remaining tortoise's health which may have been the more important reason to have one done.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #47
MOC REPTILES
Quote:
I know about the other one dying only through here. He never mentioned that to us before. So should have been several months after, because he texted me again while I was on a trip back on April, and he didn’t mention anything about it. He just wants to give us a hard time, and I am sure it comes from frustration that he lost his animals. And we feel worse than him in that way since we raised them. But from a business point of view, this is not our fault and we cannot compensate as he asked. And we will not let him try to ruin our reputation due to his negligence. Never!

Old 08-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #48
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOC REPTILES View Post
I know about the other one dying only through here. He never mentioned that to us before.
So it is possible that it is still alive? Was there proof given of the female death, just curious.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #49
MOC REPTILES
Quote:
And why wasn't a necropsy actually done by the buyer? If there was one tortoise still alive it might be important to know why the first one died. The buyer seems to have mentioned a necropsy only in relation to a refund, never mentioning his concern with the remaining tortoise's health which may have been the more important reason to have one done.
Absolutely! This obviously confirms how this guy totally neglected his animals. He should stop accusing us for his faults.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #50
MOC REPTILES
Quote:
So it is possible that it is still alive? Was there proof given of the female death, just curious.
He never sent me any prove, pictures, necropsy results. Nothing at all, just threats...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!