Noob Questions re: breeding and localities - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2020, 01:19 AM   #1
calijo27
Question Noob Questions re: breeding and localities

So my husband and I are newer to the rosy boa scene, but have done quite a bit of research on them and got a whitewater albino rosy adult male from a friend the other day. We would like to breed eventually once we have sufficient knowledge. However the one thing we're both still quite confused on is the ethics behind breeding localities vs morphs and just the whole debate. I'll list my questions as such:

1. I know that breeding different localities is a big no-no to many in the rosy boa breeding community. But you're saying that even if I want to breed my whitewater albino to a pioneertown anerythristic, which is like 20 miles away, that's frowned upon?

2. Is breeding different subspecies of rosies (mexican, coastal, etc) just as frowned upon or more so? Like for instance I know if I bred a northern blue tongue skink to a halmahera, their care is different and could lead to problems -- is it the same with rosies, or is it just another ethics thing like it is with localities?

3. Why are the designer morphs so frowned upon?

thanks in advance for any help or clarity on this! The facebook groups are not very active and I could not get answers to my questions.