Brother, sister allegedly smuggled rare boa constrictor into US (Jeremy Stone) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #21
RichsBallPythons
Its as simple as replacing the ID of the hets onto another snakes cage done deal.

No way to track down hets as its to easy to swap identification.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #22
Scooter1685
At present, Jeremy Stone maintains his innocence. He says his version of the story is very different and did not involve criminal activity. All of that is posted on his Facebook page. If I'm not mistaken, I believe their court date is in about a month. Whatever is or isn't true, or did or didn't happen, I'll be waiting to see how that all turns out. He's local to me, and I've spoken with him numerous times. I'm interested to see how this all ends up.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #23
bcr229
Anyone with a PACER account care to pull the actual indictment?

Old 01-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #24
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Its as simple as replacing the ID of the hets onto another snakes cage done deal.

No way to track down hets as its to easy to swap identification.
so shady...

Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #25
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
so shady...
Far from Shady, If i paid 10k or more for a snake and then being told its being taken away cause of someone elses illegal activity, i would switch stuff up Period.

Cant hold customers who bought into something unknowingly.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #26
bcr229
Quote:
Far from Shady, If i paid 10k or more for a snake and then being told its being taken away cause of someone elses illegal activity, i would switch stuff up Period.
Don't think the feds won't DNA test every snake turned over as offspring to verify whether it is or not. Testing is cheap and they know how much the offspring are worth. At that point the phrases "lying to a federal agent" and "obstruction of justice" come into play. Enjoy your silver bracelets... and you still lose the snake.

Quote:
Your remedy is in the civil court if Mr. Stone doesn't issue a refund. Of course, he may be broke after paying his defense attorney so good luck collecting even if you do win.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #27
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Don't think the feds won't DNA test every snake turned over as offspring to verify whether it is or not. Testing is cheap and they know how much the offspring are worth. At that point the phrases "lying to a federal agent" and "obstruction of justice" come into play. Enjoy your silver bracelets... and you still lose the snake.

Your remedy is in the civil court if Mr. Stone doesn't issue a refund. Of course, he may be broke after paying his defense attorney so good luck collecting even if you do win.
If i were part of project I would fight it in Court to Keep the animals i paid for If they do go the DNA route.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #28
AbsoluteApril
Quote:

If it turns out Princess Diamond was brought into the country illegally and the feds need the snakes back and offspring, those that bought into the project should return them. Not sneak around and secretly breed and then suddenly they pop up years down the road (which is the avenue I see being promoted on many forums). Sure they will be out the project and out the funds, can't they then go after Mr Stone for the funds they paid? Illegal is illegal.

just my opinion, I understand, from what I've seen here and other places, I am in the minority since so many people just want to have this all white snake and the $ that goes with it.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #29
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
If it turns out Princess Diamond was brought into the country illegally and the feds need the snakes back and offspring, those that bought into the project should return them. Not sneak around and secretly breed and then suddenly they pop up years down the road (which is the avenue I see being promoted on many forums). Sure they will be out the project and out the funds, can't they then go after Mr Stone for the funds they paid? Illegal is illegal.

just my opinion, I understand, from what I've seen here and other places, I am in the minority since so many people just want to have this all white snake and the $ that goes with it.
If the Customer was unaware what they were buying was the product of illegal smuggling, I still dont see why the customer should be held liable for anything they are unaware of.

But then again its the Feds, they dont care.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #30
bcr229
Quote:
If the Customer was unaware what they were buying was the product of illegal smuggling, I still dont see why the customer should be held liable for anything they are unaware of.
There should be no criminal liability as long as the customer turned over the offspring. After all, the customer was duped and could be considered a victim of fraud as well.

OTOH if the customer turned over a different snake claiming it was the offspring...

Quote:
But then again its the Feds, they dont care.
Correct. I've also been peripherally involved when the feds decide they're going after someone, and do not wish to get that close to a federal investigation again. Waving a pork chop in front of a pit bull is less risky.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!