Inquiry Rare Pythons in Niagara Falls NY - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #91
Deborah Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarepythons View Post
Among other things you might want to learn how to setup hatchlings.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #92
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarepythons View Post
If that was the case I would humbly apologize and relist them as normals. I was told they were desert ghosts, and that many pictures of 'ghosts' on the web are slightly doctored with photoshop to reduce them. However, I feel it is only fair that I be offered to chance to show some more pics video compared against normals for a more professional assessment.
Well, if it's all that simple, someone "told you" that those are desert ghosts, it should be just as simple for us to tell you that those are NOT desert ghosts. new pics or not, that is a light colored, normal (or "regular", if you insist on using your own terminology) ball python.

Hell, while we're at it, if that's all it takes....someone, please tell me that all of my light colored and slightly atypically marked animals are actually high-dollar morphs (even though they don't actually LOOK like those morphs)....I could use the extra money for Christmas shopping. And wow, if a 780 g animal is a full-sized breeder, I must have a special gigantic-type of ball python, which naturally must be worth a ton of cash too.

Cripes...I don't care how "respectful" this guy pretends to be....he's been told by honest folk many times that what he's doing is deceitful at best. He's a liar, and one who has already admitted he doesn't give a crap about the animals themselves, he's just in it for "a fast and hard buck". He's scum, plain and simple.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #93
MikeCurtin
Thanks for the fair attempt, Chris. May I humbly suggest that you immerse yourself intelectually in BP's before immersing yourself financially. I'm an Aussie Python guy. I don't do BP's, but I can tell you that it is unlike any hobby/investment out there. One needs extensive knowledge for any credibility in this market, and despite your willingness to explain your actions and motives, it seems you lack this knowledge.

I honestly suggest reading up on Tony Hurt and what kind of damage can come from re-selling BP's as what you purchased them as...you may need to take a loss on this one.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #94
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post
Not at all -- what I am saying and I will clarify, since you don't know about balls, is that these snakes spend most of their lives hiding underground - they are nocturnal by nature and light is stressful to them - wherever it is coming from.
I do understand that; but what I'm saying is they won't give off any more light than is shining on them. So, unless someone has put a UV lamp in the potential GFP-snake's cage and leaves it on all the time, it really shouldn't be stressful.
If you turn off all the lights, they won't glow at all, no more than a neon shirt would glow if you had the lights off. If they are anywhere not next to a blacklight, they won't glow. So they're still free to be nocturnal as long as their keeper doesn't try to set up a 24-hr display.
It's really not very different from taking a normally dark colored snake and making them light, bright colors; this also increases the amount of light they reflect.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #95
Bill Stonegate
Offer stands, Einstein collective.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #96
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Ball Pythons View Post
Among other things you might want to learn how to setup hatchlings.
Looks like he through them into a rat rack an the balls won! What a guy!!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #97
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs View Post
Looks like he through them into a rat rack an the balls won! What a guy!!
How about a few pics from your place? My guess is that are barely competent to wipe your a$$, much less complain about someone else.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM   #98
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
How about a few pics from your place? My guess is that are barely competent to wipe your a$$, much less complain about someone else.
Bill, How about I wipe my ass with your forehead?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #99
Cat_72
Quote:
Offer stands, Einstein collective.
Problem is (besides all of the previously mentioned reasons why a visit to his place wouldn't prove much), for any of us to believe what was "found" there, the visit would have to be conducted by someone we felt was trustworthy, ethical, and honest. Someone like Harald, who I believe was involved in the discussion at an earlier point.

Quote:
If anything, while I have had differences of opinion with John before, John is brutally honest. I would trust his impression of what he saw there....you, well......not so much.

But again, bickering amongst ourselves solves nothing.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #100
rarepythons
The baby balls in the pic were separated later on, that was the bin we first put them in after they started hatching out before their first shed. I posted the pic to show a decent quantity in one photo shot, rather than strew 50 bins on a table. Once again most jumps the gun rather than ask a reasonable question.

That is part of the reason the BOI is a bit of a wash, since anyone that asks a normal question or offers any positive commentary is attacked by other members. I've looked through some of the posts from people who made negative commentary on this post and some have 95%+ streaks of over 100 solid negative posts on a variety of topics.

I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. On the issue of the gravids, or any other animal for that fact, I will take whatever pictures, video, weights, etc. to show the animals in as much detail as possible. If someone disagrees with a classification, let me know in a respectful manner, and I'll change the animal description. As far as current customers I haven't had any complaints, and the feedback I have gotten has been for professional praise. There is even another member on Fauna who volunteers for me, and who I've provided animals to, but I am hesitant to ask him to do a 'good guy' post, because I don't want him to get attacked by the wolves here. Even if he did I'm sure there would be plenty of people claiming he is being disingenuous in some form.

Despite the recommendation of other Fauna members to STOP responding to BOI threads as it just feeds a sickening format for presumed guiltiness; I feel it is necessary to prove it to those who read this thread and can sort the reasonable facts from the unreasonable, childish, and often very presumptuous statements made by some members.

To Bill and anyone out there that has the courage and respect to confront me in person with your questions, come visit.

thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christopher casacci, rarepythons