Inquiry Rare Pythons in Niagara Falls NY - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #71
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
Well, I gotta admit, this guy is looking like a schmuck. I'm just baffled by the fact that NOBODY has taken him up on his offer to come visit his facility.

Tell you what. You guys raise 500 dollars for my travel expenses, and I will go visit his location. No BS. I will take pics and video, and give honest representation of his genetic operations.

Take it or leave it. I have no way of knowing if this guy is full of it, or not, but this is one way to find out for sure.
PS, If he flakes out, all funds will be returned.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #72
rarepythons
Warning! Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
Well, I gotta admit, this guy is looking like a schmuck. I'm just baffled by the fact that NOBODY has taken him up on his offer to come visit his facility.

Tell you what. You guys raise 500 dollars for my travel expenses, and I will go visit his location. No BS. I will take pics and video, and give honest representation of his genetic operations.

Take it or leave it. I have no way of knowing if this guy is full of it, or not, but this is one way to find out for sure.

Bill,

You are more than welcome to come visit. I assure you, anyone that wishes to come will be given a tour and treated with more respect than most on fauna have ever shown me.

On a side note to answer some of the previous correspondence from yesterday:

We were at White Plains, as the other member pointed out. Despite some of your disagreements about the pricing for different types of animals we've had for sale, this at least shows that we have snakes for sale, are reaching out in person at trade shows, and are available for face to face interaction. If you don't like the prices or animals, then simply don't buy them.

When I go back in on Monday I'll take some better pic comparisons b/w the desert ghosts versus a regular side-by-side to show the difference. The ghosts were bought in a full collection buy out, and that's how they were listed (and suggested price).

When the gravids arrive for the season (shortly), I will take pictures of the animals crated from Africa (packed according to USFW CITIES regulations) when they arrive. I'll take pics of each snake, weight, etc. once they arrive and are ready for resale. I will ask anyone that orders the gravids this year from our waiting list to post their experience with myself, the animals, etc. on this forum so I have more overall feedback on this forum (versus their email correspondence). I am not taking any prepayments until the animals are in, treated, photographed, weighed, etc., so anyone wishing to order will have plenty of supporting data prior to receiving their animals. If anyone requests I can even take some video footage upon their arrival.

The Herpinator asked the following questions:
"I did mean how that sounded, but I am curious, I really don't know.

How do they get here? Are they really by boat? I can see someone taking enough care to ship enough animals to make overnight shipping worthwhile (if not crowded).

It really was a bona fide question. "

They do not come by boat. They are shipped via air service which ensures arrival in less than 24 hours. If they went by boat it would be far too much stress on the animals between temperature changes, time frame of delivery, etc.

If anyone else has any legitimate and respectful questions related to the gravids I'll be happy to answer them.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #73
Deborah Stewart
Quote:
Despite some of your disagreements about the pricing for different types of animals we've had for sale, this at least shows that we have snakes for sale
Having snakes for sell is one thing, misrepresentation of snakes is another.

The disagreement is more than just about pricing it is about the MISREPRESENTATION of the animals you have for sale (among other few little things )

Do I need to give you the definition of MISREPRESENTATION?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #74
ToshaMc
A tour of the facility won't help the fact that he is lying about the animals . That he is trying to con people that don't know any better out of thousands of dollars for normal balls (or are they regular? ).

Old 12-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #75
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarepythons View Post
Bill,

You are more than welcome to come visit. I assure you, anyone that wishes to come will be given a tour and treated with more respect than most on fauna have ever shown me.

On a side note to answer some of the previous correspondence from yesterday:

We were at White Plains, as the other member pointed out. Despite some of your disagreements about the pricing for different types of animals we've had for sale, this at least shows that we have snakes for sale, are reaching out in person at trade shows, and are available for face to face interaction. If you don't like the prices or animals, then simply don't buy them.

When I go back in on Monday I'll take some better pic comparisons b/w the desert ghosts versus a regular side-by-side to show the difference. The ghosts were bought in a full collection buy out, and that's how they were listed (and suggested price).

When the gravids arrive for the season (shortly), I will take pictures of the animals crated from Africa (packed according to USFW CITIES regulations) when they arrive. I'll take pics of each snake, weight, etc. once they arrive and are ready for resale. I will ask anyone that orders the gravids this year from our waiting list to post their experience with myself, the animals, etc. on this forum so I have more overall feedback on this forum (versus their email correspondence). I am not taking any prepayments until the animals are in, treated, photographed, weighed, etc., so anyone wishing to order will have plenty of supporting data prior to receiving their animals. If anyone requests I can even take some video footage upon their arrival.

The Herpinator asked the following questions:
"I did mean how that sounded, but I am curious, I really don't know.

How do they get here? Are they really by boat? I can see someone taking enough care to ship enough animals to make overnight shipping worthwhile (if not crowded).

It really was a bona fide question. "

They do not come by boat. They are shipped via air service which ensures arrival in less than 24 hours. If they went by boat it would be far too much stress on the animals between temperature changes, time frame of delivery, etc.

If anyone else has any legitimate and respectful questions related to the gravids I'll be happy to answer them.
Chris-

If someone was to come to your facility and inform you (with visual proof) that the "morphs" you are selling for top dollar to uninformed newbies looking to get into the hobby are in fact just regular, normal BP's, how would you handle it?

There's 2 options. Either humbly apologize for your ignorance and list them all as normals, or say that said party was talking about another snake, or maybe it was the lighting, or they were sold to you as "x", so you're selling them as "x" (LOL, ask Tony Hurt how that works out).

Keep in mind, when you were shown photos of misrepresented animals from your site next to the actual morph they were supposed to be, you responded by saying that you'd have to get some better photos. If, after being informed that you were misrepresenting animals, you continue to misrepresent those animals, how are you not a scammer?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #76
rarepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Chris-

If someone was to come to your facility and inform you (with visual proof) that the "morphs" you are selling for top dollar to uninformed newbies looking to get into the hobby are in fact just regular, normal BP's, how would you handle it?

There's 2 options. Either humbly apologize for your ignorance and list them all as normals, or say that said party was talking about another snake, or maybe it was the lighting, or they were sold to you as "x", so you're selling them as "x" (LOL, ask Tony Hurt how that works out).

Keep in mind, when you were shown photos of misrepresented animals from your site next to the actual morph they were supposed to be, you responded by saying that you'd have to get some better photos. If, after being informed that you were misrepresenting animals, you continue to misrepresent those animals, how are you not a scammer?
If that was the case I would humbly apologize and relist them as normals. I was told they were desert ghosts, and that many pictures of 'ghosts' on the web are slightly doctored with photoshop to reduce them. However, I feel it is only fair that I be offered to chance to show some more pics video compared against normals for a more professional assessment.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #77
Bill & Amy
Quote:
If that was the case I would humbly apologize and relist them as normals. I was told they were desert ghosts, and that many pictures of 'ghosts' on the web are slightly doctored with photoshop to reduce them. However, I feel it is only fair that I be offered to chance to show some more pics video compared against normals for a more professional assessment.
Post the pics.

Whos "collection" did you buy out? That 768 gram "proven" breeder, is it a wc gravid female from last yeat?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #78
ToshaMc
Quote:

What moron told you they were ghosts? Find someone else to get your info from. And relist your normal WC trash as such and stop trying to scam people.

There you have it. That is what you have to do to prove you are not a scammer -- otherwise you are.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #79
MiamiExotics
You do know that gravid WC Balls are prohibited from leaving country of origin by that same country? In other words its a lacey act violation cause your breaking another countries laws

Old 12-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #80
ophidile
Well, I for one am a bit impressed by RarePython's responses here. If he's a scammer he's at least one with the decency to act professional. :P
I don't know much about ball python morphs and whether they're being intentionally misrepresented or not, but on the GM issue I think it's kind of funny someone thinks it would be horribly traumatizing for a snake to glow in the dark (note, GFP critters don't usually glow in the dark but rather only under UV light). Unless this person is a naturalist who hates ALL aberrant morphs, I can't see a GFP snake being any more "traumatized" than an albino, yellow, etc one :P

The main issue is how it's done; you usually have to destroy hundreds, if not thousands of embryos to get the one where the gene inserts correctly. But if someone did it properly and legally, more power to them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christopher casacci, rarepythons