Get your guesses in before 2/2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
Lucille
Get your guesses in before 2/2

We've had discussions. And in several places all over Fauna in giant typeface is the following:
Beginning on 02-02-2019 the BOI will only be available to contributing level members.

So you KNOW that the inevitable will happen and on 2/2 all sorts of non contributors are going to check out the BOI and it won't be there. All of a sudden they are going to start posting and asking what is going on. And emailing Rich and the mods.

So I think it would be fun to guess how many new posts are going to reference the absence of the BOI the day of the 2nd.
This is just for fun unless anyone wants to put up a prize. And maybe those who wish can donate a dollar toward buying a case of Excedrin for Rich cause he is gonna need it. And the poor mods, I'd suggest in this thread sending them a virtual hug.

My guess: I'm guessing there will be 45 new posts in all threads on the 2nd referencing the lack of ability to get to the BOI and opinions about that situation.

To the mods:
Here's to you and the great job you do, and to thank you ahead of time for being here on the 2nd.

So what's your guess?

Old 01-26-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
WebSlave
My guess is that I will be disabling the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the main page to cut down the emails.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
My guess is that I will be disabling the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the main page to cut down the emails.
Cheater.

Lucille, I'll guess ten, but only because I suspect much of the confusion will get expressed in other discussion forums. Once word gets out in those venues, folks will trickle back in here.

My hope is that it is a big cluster****, and everyone suddenly realizes what a valuable and irreplaceable treasure the BOI is, and everyone sees the error of their ways and comes running and sits round the campfire here and sings kumbaya; I've not seen this happen in other similar circumstances, though, so I'm not banking on this scenario playing out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!