thereptileroom = cheat of the month - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum > FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum Any issues related to the FaunaTopSites listings are welcome to be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #11
Skunky
Hmm, that's interesting, didnt know that. Flip, if you've got a forum the size of fauna, that's got to be one ginormous load of data to sift through!! Kudos to you and Rich!!

Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #12
Gary O
TRR is not even close to fauna. My guess is Fauna pushes around 100 to 150 GB of bandwidth a month. I am not even going to guess the DB size it may be well over a GB maybe even 5GB

Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #13
Skunky
Scary.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #14
WebSlave
Actually the topsites scripts are an interesting measure to watch as you make changes on your site. Even watch as activity spikes and wanes because of certain issues taking place in your forums. When ReptiBid had the two headed snake on the auction, their stats went through the roof because of the advertising that one auction brought for them.

And to those of us who might spring for paid advertising, it is extremely helpful to see if our money is well spent or wasted. Yeah, certainly there are scammers in that sort of business as well, if you aren't careful and don't know what to look for.

Certainly some people will cheat, but in reality it is themselves they are cheating. They aren't using the tool as it was designed to be used at all. I believe few people actually use the topsites to in any way "rate" the sites participating there. Does anyone really go to a topsites program thinking I want to see who is on top so I can go there to see what is going on? I doubt it sincerely. Some may use them as a listing of websites to visit, and maybe it is beneficial to be on the front page, but beyond that, when push comes to shove, cheating is just not worth it in terms of the returns you get for the effort expended.

So quite honestly, I think Gary is probably far too busy just running his website to engage in something like sitting in front of the keyboard just to get his hit counter up. That's the kind of stuff I have caught kids doing who just didn't have anything better to do with their time.

The internet is too big, and the ability for browsers to jump so easily from one site to the next, that it doesn't make sense to get worked up over some on line hit counter.

And to be perfectly honest, I had to withdraw my own participation from a few topsites I had this site listed on because the throughput on page displays here was suffering from it. Surprisingly enough (or maybe not really), it didn't affect a thing here concerning traffic or new registrations.

So all in all, it really doesn't matter at all.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #15
Gary O
Thanks Rich!

Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #16
Dr Owens
You have GOT to be kidding me.

Just ignore the guy Gary. He obviously needs a new hobby...a girlfriend might not hurt either.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #17
soberguy
The day I find Gary is lieing and cheating is the day I find Foster is down under 180

Old 02-01-2006, 08:46 PM   #18
shrap
Lol... so every post this guy has made here has been nothing more than accusing one site or another of cheating on their stats...... thanks for your contributions, watchdog.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #19
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
You have GOT to be kidding me.

Just ignore the guy Gary. He obviously needs a new hobby...a girlfriend might not hurt either.

Jay... Not meaning to be a horses rear end here but honestly do you think some guy sitting around watching hit stats is actually going to find a girlfriend??

Kind of sad actually if you really think about it.. I envision a lonely guy sitting in a unibomber type shack with a bag of chips, a cola, and two or three computers watching the hit stats..

I could go more into detail but I will leave the rest to everyone's imagination.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #20
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberguy
The day I find Gary is lieing and cheating is the day I find Foster is down under 180

220 buddy... Any less and I look like I need a telethon for feed the children.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread