How many do this full-time? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you breed as a full-time job?
What happens if my male and female live together? (Newbie) 0 0%
Who has the time to spend all day with geckos? (Hobby/Pet) 11 19.30%
Part-time job, full time passion!! (Part-Time Breeder) 39 68.42%
My co-workers are named cool things like "Flame"! (Full-Time) 0 0%
I am slave to Master Leo, avert thy gaze! (Full-time++) 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Talking How many do this full-time?

I got to wondering just how many of us floating around here are lucky enough to work with geckos as their full-time job.

Myself, I'm moving over the next 6 months from hobby/pet keeper to (hopefully) part-time breeder.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #2
hill4803
I have another full time job...gotta pay the bills & the benefits are nice (summers off!). But luckily, because of the subjects I teach (biology/env. science) I get to take my "hobby" to work.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Well, thats hard to answer for me, I am a stay home mom so that is my full time commitment, the leos are a passion and hobby, I don't consider them a job or a source of income at all.

Although its nice to break even on feeders or make a few $$ here and there to buy from others but I personally don't consider it a job but a privilege to be able to have the time to work with the leos while I stay home with my children.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
g&mgeckos
I am a Chef by day Gecko Breeder by night. Right now its more of a hobby than a business. It's more to blow off steam and the stresses of work. But I am planing to get more leos so who knows whats in store for next year.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
A_Kendergirl
I'm a (soon to be) frame shop manager, part-time painter, and leo keeper.

LOL...I hope to get to a point that I can breed leos and paint, and do nothing else.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #6
MatthewK
Student, gecko breeder, part time herp shop worker, son, brother, church sound board guy, driving student, babysitter, cook, I do it all..!

Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 AM   #7
progeckos
Right now all I do is play with geckos and post on fauna all day. That’s because I have the summer off. When the fall/spring semesters are in session I’m also a full time college student. Needless to say I get very busy during that time…

Old 06-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #8
Spydergotboost
i have 2 full time jobs i work for smith and wesson making revolvers and i also spen alot of time caring for my animals not just geckos so i live a very busy life and i think a very good question to add is actually how much sleep do all the breeders out there actually get cuz i only average id say 3-4 hours a Day(I Work the night shift 6pm-6am)

Old 06-21-2005, 07:11 AM   #9
Gregg M
I do not make much on leos..... But I make a killing on the snakes I breed..... I have a regular full time job...... The animals are my hobby.....

Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 AM   #10
Jodi L Aherns
I work a full time job,a part time job,help a buddy at his shop,and breed geckos.I put in around 75-86 hours a week,i work 7 days a week.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!