PHR the het highway true or false? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Liron
Question PHR the het highway true or false?

Hello guys,

I've a question for the old members of this forum
At 2013 a forum member called power house reptile (Joe clarck)
Was active here and was selling what he claimed was some of the really
First het highway ball pythons , the guy was not so popular at the time and had a really bad
Reputation.
Lots of people was saying that the snakes were just some kind of YB morph...
One of those animal is found in my collection (2013 female) and I'm quite wandering
If there is someone here that purchased from the guy some of these het HW and maybe
Succefully proved out the genetics (or not).

My female het high way from Power house had a bad feeding respons and I'm strangling
To keep her proper size for breeding.

Im not sure if it's actually something that is really true (and worth the effort of breeding )
if someone here have Any information about the animals Joe was sold it will be really
Helpful!

Thanks a lot
Liron .

Old 07-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
SPJ
There is no real het highway since a highway is a combo of gravel and yellowbelly. Your girl may be a gravel if it looks like a "YB morph". It would need to be bred to a YB to see if you can produce a highway with it. Joe was scum so I personally don't have faith in anything he would claim.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #3
elena
As far as I'm concerned, if you have YB complex male around, give it a try. Worst case scenario you get some yellowbelly stuff you can wholesale. It would be helpful if you posted some pictures of her, top and bottom, so that those who work with the YB complex can give an informed opinion on what she may be.

If you don't yet have a male for her, you may consider choosing a specter instead of a YB. Specters are affordable, and the litter would still prove her out. If she turns out to be a normal, at least you'll still have some specters to sell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!