Monitor ID please! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Robert Walker
Monitor ID please!

Anyone able to identify this monitor?
Morph?
Flash photo only?
After a couple of guesses (since I don't want to taint opinions) I will post what it was being sold as.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
Robert Walker
I will at least mention that this was being listed at over $15k if that helps at all?

Old 05-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
elena
It looks like an albino water monitor, but I'm not an expert, I also do not know whether or not they are worth $15k.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
It looks like an albino water monitor,
Thanks Elena - that is what it was being sold as T-Albino Water Monitor.
This additional picture is from NERD (link) for comparison.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #5
hanselmacdonald
Maybe the poster meant T+? I'm not familiar with monitor morphs either, so not sure if T+ water monitors are known to exist or what their value would be. Just looks more T+ than negative, if it's not just a poor quality photo with too much flash.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #6
elena
T+ water monitors do exist.

The NERD photo shows a recently hatched T- water monitor, pink with yellow spots. As they become older they are more of a yellow/tan color.

That being said, the seller's photo is so bad that I can't tell if it is T- or T+. That's why I simply said "albino water monitor." Maybe someone more experienced can weigh in.

What baffles me is why someone selling an animal for 15K can't bother to photograph it properly. If they were able to buy such an expensive animal, surely they can afford a decent camera, and if they expect to get that much for it, surely they can take the time to get a good photo, try it with and without flash, maybe use some lighting to show the animals true colors. I sold a normal baby KSB this year, for $50, and he was photographed with a professional-quality camera, with lighting, on a background. And he looked great.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselmacdonald View Post
Just looks more T+ than negative, if it's not just a poor quality photo with too much flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
That being said, the seller's photo is so bad that I can't tell if it is T- or T+.
T+ might be the case. I haven't gone too deep yet, but if it is a T+ vs. a T- that could mean the difference of a $22k(T-) vs. $4k(T+) animal from what I've briefly seen. Bad picture, too much flash. On purpose? I don't put it past people. Buy a T+ and try to pass it off as a T-?

Thank you both for your thoughts thus far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!