Dwarf monitor question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Barley
Dwarf monitor question

Hey gang! Just curious if any other dwarf monitor keepers out there have a monitor that refuses to eat dubia roaches. I have a 4-5 month old Pilbara Rock Monitor and he just refuses to eat the dubia I offer him. He will eat crickets, pinks and hornworms, but I have a huge dubia colony and want them to be the main food source, as we cant stand the crickets. Just curious if anyone else has any tricks to get this guy turned onto dubia. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-27-2017, 01:39 AM   #2
Otto Glott
I have a picky adult female argus monitor who prefers certain foods over others. I think each individual is different.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
berryhill
My pilbaras don't like them either. They will eat the one with wings or the freshly shed white nymphs though.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
Krj-2501
Well - I had a male ackie who would refuse to eat a certain prey - if I feed it to him too often.

For example - even though he loved dubias - if I feed them to him more than 3-4 feedings in a row - he would refuse to eat them. But it wasn't just dubias - but any type of prey. So I had to keep changing his food.

His main diet was made up of dubias, hissers, superworms, & hornworms. With occasional treats being crickets, pinkie mice, eggs, and raw shrimp to help break up the normal prey selection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!