Inquiry & Q's : RodentPro - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
ApriliaRufo
Inquiry & Q's : RodentPro

So even though I'm a little bit of a pessimist, I try my best to be fair. I dislike everybody until they prove otherwise but I just want to state that I'm not trying to cause problems, I'm just trying to get some answers.

What is going on RodentPro?! I'm using other feeder companies to feed my herps right now, but I like rodentpro's prices. From what I see, RodentPro is pretty much the biggest (please correct me if I'm wrong) feeder breeder out there. I'd love to do business with them, but when I order feeders it's because I need them soon, not 2-3 weeks later. So, how come you're having trouble keeping up with the demand?

Quote:
view larger image

Pups
14 to 18 days of age. Eyes still not open.

Qty. Per Bag: 25
Length (Inches): 2.50 - 3.50*
Weight (Grams): 20.00 - 29.00

* Measurement does not include tail length.

Due to overwhelming demand, we are not accepting orders for this item until Friday, February 22, 2008 to be shipped on Tuesday, March 04, 2008.

Quantity Discount Pricing:

Quantity
Price Each
Price Per Bag
Less Than 500 $0.54 $13.50
500 $0.49 $12.25
1000+ $0.44 $11.00

Sizes of rats can be ordered in any combination to qualify for quantity discounts.

view larger image

Weaned
21 to 25 days of age. These rats are eating and drinking on their own. They have reached the stage when it is time to be "weaned" from their mother.

Qty. Per Bag: 25
Length (Inches): 3.50 - 4.50*
Weight (Grams): 30.00 - 44.00

Due to overwhelming demand, we are not accepting orders for this item until Friday, February 22, 2008 to be shipped on Tuesday, March 04, 2008.

Quantity
Price Each
Price Per Bag
Less Than 500 $0.69 $17.25
500 $0.64 $16.00
1000+ $0.59 $14.75

Sizes of rats can be ordered in any combination to qualify for quantity discounts.

view larger image

Small
26 to 32 days of age.

Qty. Per Bag: 20
Length (Inches): 4.50 - 6.00*
Weight (Grams): 45.00 - 84.00

Due to overwhelming demand, we are not accepting orders for this item until Friday, February 29, 2008 to be shipped on Tuesday, March 11, 2008.

Quantity
Price Each
Price Per Bag
Less Than 500 $0.79 $15.80
500 $0.74 $14.80
1000+ $0.69 $13.80

Old 02-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Diggy415
im sure they only keep so many on hand and can't predict the litter outcomes, im using LLL Reptile now they are in Calif and lower S/H too, try them, maybe they have what they say they don't and just need to restock and this is how they explain it. There are up's and down in every business. I don't hold a grudge for them when they run low, i just shop else where

Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
Marcial Mendez
I would go with The Mouse Factory. I've tried Rodent Pro, and there is a reason why they are the cheapest.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
chaosad
I use rodent pro all the time, but I buy in bulk. I normaly get enought feeders to last 2 months and just rotate the food. I have seen a large increase in thier buisness at the ohio shows and lots of pre-orders as well, so I am thnking they where not able to predict the new bulk in buisness. Rodent pro is great just stock up in bulk to last you for a while.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Cat_72
It seems like there is always a wait when I've looked at RodentPro....I believe I did order from them once, and ordered early enough that I didn't have any issues with the wait, but tending to be the procrastinator that I am....I don't like to have to wait once I put in my order either.

I use Big Cheese for all of my frozen orders....only one time has there ever been a timing issue with them (and that was in the height of "baby season") and they shipped out as much of my order as they had the day after I ordered, and the rest was there within a week. The prices for similar sized orders are comparable, but I like that you can get smaller quantities of some sizes through Big Cheese (they don't have as large of "minimum" order per size to get discounts), and the quality has always been consistantly good.

I don't have any real "problems" with RodentPro, I just like to be able to stick to one company where I know I won't have issues, and deal with them all of the time instead of having to shop around when they happen to have a long wait on a certain popular size.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #6
monkeywrench133
At least they're being upfront about things and not taking orders for stuff they don't have in stock. Nothing I hate more than ordering something, being charged for it, and THEN being told it's out of stock.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
ChrisGilbert
I've ordered from 3 different suppliers in the past, Rodent Pro, Big Cheese, and The Mouse Factory.

I will NOT order from RP anymore. TMF is by FAR the best out there!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
ApriliaRufo
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
At least they're being upfront about things and not taking orders for stuff they don't have in stock. Nothing I hate more than ordering something, being charged for it, and THEN being told it's out of stock.
I will definitely give them credit for that, but I keep hearing great things about the quality and prices at Big Cheeze and and the Mouse Factory seems too pricy for me. I would be ordering about 200 Weanlings and 100 hoppers so I think I'm gonna go with Cheeze.

I've heard that people have had problems with the quality at RP, and I've only used frozenrodent.com before. They were good quality, but fairly expensive and I don't have much money. Oh well, I guess I have some extra wood, I could always build a breed center and invest in a few rats...

Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 AM   #9
monkeywrench133
Personally, I've been ordering from Rodent Pro for about 2 years and have not had a single reason to complain about them. At this point I order about $500 worth every three months, so I've seen quite a bit of their product. I have ordered from other companies as well, Big Cheese and TMF, and have no complaints about them either. However, Rodent Pro's prices have been consistently cheaper, sometimes as much as $100 less than what a comparable order from another company would cost me with shipping.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
John E Dove
I have been using Rodent Pro to supplement the feeders I produce myself for a number of years and have been nothing but happy with their product & service.
I will admit that they have been out of the exact size I needed once, and it is slightly frustrating that you have to remember to order on time or you'll miss a feeding, but they have always come through for me.
On one order, back when they were shipping DHL for a time, the order was delayed for 5 days in shipping because DHL did not deliver to my area on Thu, or Mon. Needless to say the mice were rotten when they arrived. One email to Rodent Pro and they shipped out a replacement order via UPS over night at no cost to me.
They also quit using DHL to ship to me and I have not had a bad shipment or late shipment since.
For the cost, quality, and customer service I demand, you can't beat Rodent Pro.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!