Waiting for transfer? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-01-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
smart_ask
Waiting for transfer?

Just wanted to get some feed back on a current purchase I'm making. I contacted someone about an animal they had posted for sell. I offered them a shipped price and gave my zip so they could verify their total price. I was advised that my offer was a little lite but they would except it. They advised they used paypal for paymant so I sent the funds through paypal. I was advised by email that the paypal showed the funds ha been sent and received into their paypal account but they would not ship for 3-4 days until the funds had been removed from the paypal account and transferred into their bank account. I've bought quite a few snakes with paypal and this is the first time I had heard of this. I emailed the gentleman back and explained that the funds was in one of his accounts so please ship my animal and he could transfer his funds around in his accounts on his own time. I also advised if the shipping delay had anything to do with the animals health or well being to ship when he felt it to be proper but if was waiting on his funds then he had them so ship. Is waiting 3-4 days or for that matter minutes or hours for someone to transfer funds around in their accounts prior to shipping a norm with anyone?

P.S. - He promptly replied to my email and advised that the funds had transferred and he was shipping immediatly. I haven't received my animal yet but do not believe this gentleman to be a "Bad Guy".

Old 02-02-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
His transferring the funds is most likely a result of the recent problems and attempted scams that have arisen from using Paypal. It is actually becoming an increasing practice with some sellers.
He also may not realize that even transferring the funds does not give him full protection against this.

While I understand it is annoying for you in this situation, also realize that Paypal provides the means for the seller of animals to become the victim of a scam as well.
As long as you do receive the animals purchased in good condition as described, I'd just write it off as a quirk with the seller and not hold it against him.
I'm not really in a position to say, but it's likely that if you buy again from him in the future this delay wouldn't be imposed, you being a known customer at that point.

Old 02-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
smart_ask
Paypal Sucks

I have read about all the holes in the sellers protection program with Paypal and thought the seller was aware of the Paypal problems. I have since brought some of the problems concerning Paypal to this gentlemans attention and I believe he was unaware of such. When I first received the email my first reaction was totally off base. I thought well hear it comes, delay for a few days then he never ships. Again I believe this to be an overreaction on my part but wanted to find out if other sellers where implementing similar delay shipping till funds are transferred programs.

Sellers do you hold shipping until you can transfer the Paypal funds out of the Paypal account?

Old 02-02-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
Corey Sawyer
I will hold animals until it clears with paypal as well, if I do not know you, or something about you strikes me odd.

Doesnt mean my animals are sick or anything, justa precaution.

Old 02-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
Glenn Bartley
Did you pay off PayPal by way of a check or from your checking account? If so people often wait to make sure the transaction clears your account. If you paid by credit card, I would think it rather quirky of someone to insist on waiting for funds.

Old 02-03-2003, 09:28 AM   #6
smart_ask
Paypal Funds

This transaction was funded by a credit card through the Paypal transfer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!