Geophis keepers/availability - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Tank the Turtle
Geophis keepers/availability

Hi everyone I'm a new member to the site and was just wondering if anyone has kept Geophis species, specifically Geophis brachycephalus and/or Geophis hoffmani. I love the iridescence on these snakes and their small size. They sort of remind me of a tropical version of midland brown snakes due to their size and diets. I'm a sucker for small species of snakes, especially fossorial ones and these guys definitely fit the bill!

I highly doubt there is any market for these snakes, let alone anyone that actually breeds them, but its worth a shot right?

Old 11-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #2
thomasgeckos
I am equally as interested in these snakes as you are. I too have a fondness for small fossorial snakes. I'm familiar with this genus (through Jay Savage's exceptional guide to amphibians and reptiles of Costa Rica), but I haven't come across any references to them in the US hobby. I hope they do exist here, and that someone is attempting to breed them.

Unfortunately, I also doubt there is a market for them, for the simply reason that I like them...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!