Some snakes/supplies need home(s).. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
Jake The Snake

Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #22
BryonsBoas
Before this goes any further.....

A week or so back , Paulina came into chat asking about the sick VBB. We all agreed it was some form of RI and recommended vet treatment. We got excuses as to why she couldn't take it to the vet. The snake had been sick for 2 - 3 weeks at this point according to the info given from Paulina.

She came in chat night before last , said she had a vet appt. for the next day but her mother wouldn't drive her the 2 hours to get there. She asked how to put it down since it was not going to receive treatment and wanted to end its suffering. I gave her a list of options starting with a heart stick from vet on down to the fastest way with minimal pain.

The whole time this was going on I had no idea nor been told the animal was listed for adoption. Going by the information given , a 13 yr old girl , a mother that wasn't going out of her way to help , the cold across most of the country and lack of shipping experience , I gave her the advice I would give anyone else. I also told her not to get anymore animals until she had a job and transportation of her own.

In the same conversation I was told all but 1 bp was going up for adoption since she was leaving the country. I asked if she researched getting the snake into Poland and the ability there to care of it. Naturally no research had been done at the time as I'm sure none had really been done prior to her purchases.

At no time did I make any of my advice easy on her. I was rough , rude and blunt the same as I would be with an adult. She should have made arrangements with her parents to cover vet visits and treatment along with the other things that come with the responsibility of owning a pet.

Considering the time line I was given , I had doubts the animal would survive shipping from an experienced person. She wanted to end its suffering and had no way to do it the proper way. I would hope she learned a lesson and I find fault not just with her but with the parents as well. If the proper steps had been taken , this thread most likely would not exist.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #23
akaangela
Bryon, Thank you for your post. I did ask how long the snake had been sick and I wondered about the shipping (I know it is hard even on a healthy snake). <SIGH> I do hope a lesson has been learned.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #24
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
Steve, I can't say thank you enough for the bp. I gave him to my best friend right after I found out the beauty is sick, my mother's wish. I know I should have asked you, but I didn't. If you want I can send you the $50 you spent on shipping.
Oh good lord. I don't think he was worried about the shipping cost just about the snake he gave you in good will.

Don't you think it would have been polite to ask him if he wanted the snake??? that he sent you for FREE out of the goodness of his heart.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #25
Miss Tuniwha
Ya know.. go back.. Look at all of Paulina's RUDE, posts to people who do not care properly for their pets..

makes me wanna slap someone thru the computer.

How many times have you tried saying that your age is NOT important Paulina??

I think that you have proved time and time again, that in your case.. it obviously is.

Don't come in here making up LAME excuses..

"I knew he would eventually die."

so will you.. so will I.. I just got over a cold.. good think no one knew that I would eventually die..

you have no excuse.. you had a home offer... you had a taxi cab..

you just are too ignorant and irresponsible to care properly for an animal.

OH..

and by the way.. if someone sent you a free snake.. the respectable thing to do is OFFER TO SEND IT BACK

if I was kind enough to give you something free.. and you could no longer care for it.. I would want it back.

the fact that you obviously are irresponsible, means that your judgement as to what a good home for that snake would be, may be greatly impaired.

and as someone said earlier.. I am gonna stop before I end up getting into trouble.

lets just say..

not..

pleased..

Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #26
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnewbie
I don't think he was worried about the shipping cost just about the snake.
Exactly.
I was worried something might have happened to that snake.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #27
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
if someone sent you a free snake.. the respectable thing to do is OFFER TO SEND IT BACK

if I was kind enough to give you something free.. and you could no longer care for it.. I would want it back.
I would have liked a heads up if she couldn't care for it any longer.
I would have even paid the shipping back just to make sure it was taken care of.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #28
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I would have even paid the shipping back just to make sure it was taken care of.

Exactly!!!!

Because you care for the well being of the animal..

I wish others could think that way.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #29
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I'm sorry that I didn't contact you at all, at least he is in a good place now with people that can take care of him...
And thanks Bryon, that kind of helped.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #30
critical bill
Poland is callling, Paulina. It is a perfect place for you and you will fit in just fine.

Please GO!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread