Bad business practices - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #1
veronica
Bad business practices

I know i probrably shouldnt even order gecko's over the winter months but let me just share an experience with you.
I bought 2 baby fat tails. First of all, I had no idea that the person I ordered it from was under investigation by the Feds. Due to this mans apparently large business dealing my shipment of these 2 babies was held up at the airborne substation. The man blamed airborne but they told us why it was being held. They were holding the packages for us to either show up and open them or for their inspectors to get there the next day. One of the babies was upside down and nearly dead.
This guy never even told me that he shipped them infact, he told a friend of mine the night before that he shipped my 2 lizards. He was talking to her trying to get her to buy a few. The next day she contacted me saying... hey i heard your getting your lizards today... I said no i wasnt that he had never called me or emailed me that he had shipped and didnt sent the tracking information. I then called this guy and he was at that time standing in the bank and said oh cool how do you like them? I said well i didnt know you were shipping...2nd of all.... when did you ship and when was i supposed to get them? and lastly... who is the carrier? He swore he had told me... I reminded him that he told someone else and if not for her i wouldnt have known. Since they were already a half hour late he said he would rush home and call airborne and track it for me and get right back to me. An hour later no call back or email. I called him several times and only got his voice mail. It wasnt till i dialed *67 that i got through. This puts your number on private so they cant see who is calling them. HE then says hey how do you like them? I replied.... I was waiting for you to get back to me with the tracking.... the guy had never called airborne like he said and in fact an hour and a half after the call to him while he was in the bank he didnt even have the tracking numbers ready for me... he had to get his girlfriend to look for them.!!!!!
Needless to say they were being held at the substation and my husband had to drive out to get them.

The next day the FBI contacted me asking me all about this guy and why I had sent him so much money via paypal. His dealings were not being reported as income and the FBI and IRS were after him for numerous offenses. He by the way sells on Kingsnakes.com I did notify kingsnakes but they have not done anything about his postings and in fact allow him to keep posting. Beware of someone who will not give a home address or home phone number to do business with him. This man uses just his cell phone. He is a wholesaler and does not breed animals. He posts adds on kingsnake using photos of animals most of which he doesnt have in stock but are used to bait people into calling him. If you want the animals he orders them from a local breeder or he gets them WC. Allot of the time hes baiting you in with his ads just to talk you into other animals.

Veronica Davidson

Old 01-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #2
BEN SPARKS
Hi Veronica,

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune. Can you tell us who this
guy is and name he advertises under?? Might save alot of people
some headaches.
Hope the geckos make it!!
God Bless
Ben

Old 01-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #3
Neil Gubitz
Veronica.... We all appreciate the heads-up.... BUT.... it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if you don't tell us WHO THE HECK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT????
If you're going to bad-mouth someone.... at least have the guts to mention his name, email addy, and phone number, or you might as well not have even written this.... Ya know what I mean??

....Neil

Old 01-17-2003, 02:19 PM   #4
John Apple
Agreeable on both replies
who
who
who is this person

Old 01-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #5
Pennebaker
Ditto--who is this person?
And why is the FBI investigating?
I understand the IRS--but that must mean that he also makes a decent amount of money doing this--otherwise the IRS doesnt usually bother for just a hobbiest.
Dana

Old 01-17-2003, 02:59 PM   #6
MiLadyDragonn
~NASTY Doings!~

~You certainly have peaked my curiosity!!! Please, do tell us who this scoundrel is! I would feel bad for others he can rope in if they have no idea about him, as you did not.

jude fitchThe Waving Dragon

Old 01-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
veronica
Originally i mearly wanted to warn people to watch out who they deal with and to not only check them out but to listen to those bells and whistles that go off in your head when you feel something isnt right.
Since the guy is under investigation I just hope no one here tips him off.
He calls himself New World Exotics. His first name is Jon.
the FBI is watching him because he ships out of the west palm beach area. They are watching for illegaly imported animals as well as drugs.
They told me he brings in thousands of dollars a week and since i had just sent him allot of money thats why they called me. I invited them to my house to check out my animals if they wished but they said they spoke to airborne and the guy there who witnessed my husband opening the box and showing them the contence so there was no need.

Old 01-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
veronica
I wanted to add that I did tell kingsnakes EVERYTHING i knew about this guy and what was said to me by him and the feds but they chose to let him continue to sell with them.
I guess to them money is money. You do have to pay to post on kingsnakes.com
I have noticed him posting on other classifieds as well but not here yet.
He likes to post animals that he has no intentions on selling just to get people to call him so he can talk them into buying other animals. He sells to allot of pets shops ... one i know of is in New York. So this guy gets around. YOu can understand why he is being watched. Shipped boxes out of west palm beach area in florida and not reporting an income certainly would tip off any authorities.
He had tried to presure a friend of mine into buying some geckos from his as well but when I told her what had happend to me and then that same day the Feds called me she decided not to.
No one likes presure tactics or a sneaky lying thief.
He is a wholesaler and buys from breeders then ups the price and sells online to make a profit. He doesnt have what he lists but he can get it for you... He takes orders then calls around for them and then ships them to you when he gets them in. So these animals are well traveled.

Old 01-17-2003, 03:35 PM   #9
jbuncc
Florida is full of fantastic people, but it's full of POS's too. This is just one of many people who have set up illegal enterprises in Florida. I'm sure there's another out there right now under investigation from Florida...

So, glad I'm moving there in a week, lol.
jb

Old 01-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #10
ms_terese
New World Exotics or Next World Exotics?

Can you please verify? There is a Jon Dvoretz at Next World Exotics that has been identified in a previous thread here already. Is this the same person?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!