MUD SNAKES------ does anyone know? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Deline89
Question MUD SNAKES------ does anyone know?

Hello!
Does anyone know anything about where I can purchase a mud snake?!
Im honestly confuzzed!!!!!! NO ONE seems to know anything about them and Im dying to get one!!!!!
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Deline89
Red face

awwwww thanks guys!!!!!
I looked everywhere!!! ur awesome! and thank you for warning me, in truth It really does not matter to me whether it is a male or female, so I think it should be fine!
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
fishmich
mud snakes are uncommon because they are nearly impossible to keep alive in captivity. their diet relies almost entirely of sirens which are difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. they also require large and very unique enclosures. beautiful snakes but dont do very well in captivity at all.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
mudmantim
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich View Post
mud snakes are uncommon because they are nearly impossible to keep alive in captivity. their diet relies almost entirely of sirens which are difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. they also require large and very unique enclosures. beautiful snakes but dont do very well in captivity at all.
What is a 'siren'?

You don't mean these ones, 'three dangerous bird-women, portrayed as seductresses, who lived on an island called Sirenum scopuli', do you?

-Tim

Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmantim View Post
What is a 'siren'?

You don't mean these ones, 'three dangerous bird-women, portrayed as seductresses, who lived on an island called Sirenum scopuli', do you?

-Tim
lol

its an amphibian.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Mokele
Siren @ wikipedia

They're a salamander which retains gills throughout their life, has an extremely elongate body, and possesses only tiny forelimbs (no hind limbs at all). You can find them from time to time, and I kept one for a while (until a filtration-disaster happened while I was away).

Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
mudmantim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
Siren @ wikipedia

They're a salamander which retains gills throughout their life, has an extremely elongate body, and possesses only tiny forelimbs (no hind limbs at all). You can find them from time to time, and I kept one for a while (until a filtration-disaster happened while I was away).
Thanks for that info guys.

Sound pretty difficult to find. That sucks, mud snakes are nice snakes.

-Tim

Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
geckoman2
mud snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deline89 View Post
Hello!
Does anyone know anything about where I can purchase a mud snake?!
Im honestly confuzzed!!!!!! NO ONE seems to know anything about them and Im dying to get one!!!!!
Sure thay sell them at www.generalexotics.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!