FREE spider ball python - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #31
Elizabeth Minton
i get the dont push it back in thing. since getting a better view of the pic i realize there is infection. it may be possible to save if it is moist and bacteria is killed even now there is still a chance. i even said to see a vet but the best thing to do till he gets to a vet would be to keep it moist and kill some infection. i have been using neosporen on cats since i was 10 years and then when i had my snake prolaps its colon this year i used neosporen to keep it moist and kill bacteria. im sick of trying to help and have people treat me like i dont know what im saying. thats a huge kick in the teeth to me. and i have had comments made to me involving this

Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton View Post
i get the dont push it back in thing. since getting a better view of the pic i realize there is infection. it may be possible to save if it is moist and bacteria is killed even now there is still a chance. i even said to see a vet but the best thing to do till he gets to a vet would be to keep it moist and kill some infection. i have been using neosporen on cats since i was 10 years and then when i had my snake prolaps its colon this year i used neosporen to keep it moist and kill bacteria. im sick of trying to help and have people treat me like i dont know what im saying. thats a huge kick in the teeth to me. and i have had comments made to me involving this
Elizabeth,

You are taking things too personal here. The advice that WE ARE ALL GIVING is for her to take the snake to the vet, immediately. There is no home remedy going to save this one. Even a respected member here offered to pay 100.00 towards the vet bill, directly to the vet. There is no more reasoning that I can see to debate why this snake is not going to see a vet.

I understand that you feel like "people are kicking you in the teeth" but, do you not see that you are treating people with years more experience than you the same way? Sure, youve been "neosporing" since you were 10 yrs old, and yer what 18, right? You have to realize that some of us have been home remedying snakes, working alongside vets, owning reptiles since before you were born.

My "first" encounter with a snake was 30 yrs ago this yr. That sucker bit me and happened to be a venomous snake. My first purchased snake was when you were just born. In 1994, I managed a reptile section in an exclusive reptile store in Cal.

I am not the only one like this. There are people with 10x the experience that I have. Shadera stated she was a vet tech 15 yrs ago. The point here is that sometimes, you need to step back (especially when its in the animals best interest).

Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #33
snowgyre
Does anybody have the most recent Reptiles magazine issue? I was in the bookstore last night and looked at it. It's got a section on reptile vets by state. Can anybody who has the latest issue please post that information for Kacie?

I don't know the gender of the snake, but it's obvious to me that either the hemipenes (if male) or scent glands (if female) are severely impacted or infected. Perhaps fecal matter got pushed into them, but the area on the tail past the vent should never, ever look like that. That snake probably needs antibiotics, but most definitely a vet visit. Kacie, good on you for getting it out of there, and hopefully it's a good sign that it's eating, I just worry that it won't be able to pass any fecal material once the food is digested.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #34
omgitskacie12
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Does anybody have the most recent Reptiles magazine issue? I was in the bookstore last night and looked at it. It's got a section on reptile vets by state. Can anybody who has the latest issue please post that information for Kacie?

I don't know the gender of the snake, but it's obvious to me that either the hemipenes (if male) or scent glands (if female) are severely impacted or infected. Perhaps fecal matter got pushed into them, but the area on the tail past the vent should never, ever look like that. That snake probably needs antibiotics, but most definitely a vet visit. Kacie, good on you for getting it out of there, and hopefully it's a good sign that it's eating, I just worry that it won't be able to pass any fecal material once the food is digested.
same here, it was so weak that it couldnt kill the pinkie rat by itself.... it sat there for 5 min with it in its mouth before i intervened. It is VERY WEAK and im surprised that its still alive. I dont see much in its future because its so bad. I am making the report to pet-o-rama today about how they cared for this animal. It makes me sick how they can just watch it suffer like that. It has a bad wobble, i had never understood what people meant by wobble in spiders but i do now.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #35
snowgyre
I'm sure the wobble is exaggerated by weakness, hopefully it will improve as the condition of the animal improves.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #36
Elizabeth Minton
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Elizabeth,

You are taking things too personal here. The advice that WE ARE ALL GIVING is for her to take the snake to the vet, immediately. There is no home remedy going to save this one. Even a respected member here offered to pay 100.00 towards the vet bill, directly to the vet. There is no more reasoning that I can see to debate why this snake is not going to see a vet.

I understand that you feel like "people are kicking you in the teeth" but, do you not see that you are treating people with years more experience than you the same way? Sure, youve been "neosporing" since you were 10 yrs old, and yer what 18, right? You have to realize that some of us have been home remedying snakes, working alongside vets, owning reptiles since before you were born.

My "first" encounter with a snake was 30 yrs ago this yr. That sucker bit me and happened to be a venomous snake. My first purchased snake was when you were just born. In 1994, I managed a reptile section in an exclusive reptile store in Cal.

I am not the only one like this. There are people with 10x the experience that I have. Shadera stated she was a vet tech 15 yrs ago. The point here is that sometimes, you need to step back (especially when its in the animals best interest).
as i said TAKE IT TO A VET in almost all my posts. i am not saying to completely care for it yourself... that is clearly not a possibility. i am just saying to do that until a vet visit is found and lined up. i will not be commenting again as people arnt reading my posts clearly and its pissing me off. for the last time to the owner good luck. get the snake cared for BY A VET but in the mean time i would apply neosporan as a moisturizor and a bacteria killer. it may make the snakes odds at surviving better until an appointment is made to get the issue fixed for good. btw that is very kind of shadera. if i had the cash i would make a $100 donation too but all i can offer is my neosporan advice. take it or leave it. it has worked wonders for me good luck best wishes.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #37
omgitskacie12
I have a appointment to a vet in NRH (north richland hills) tomorrow

Old 07-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #38
bossroy
Kacie please pm and let me know how things are going and if you got it to the vet. I'm close enough and have a vet close by please let me know.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #39
Melinda
poor fella. I had a snake with a similar issue. Took it to the vet, put it on antiobiotics, kept him clean, neosporin the area and he has healed up with no issues regarding pooping. Although, it did not heal up to look the same.

If this were my snake, I'd remove the heat lamp, vet visit, antibiotics, keep him clean, neosporin, small meals, warm frequent soaks will improve his dehydration and help him poop.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #40
omgitskacie12
I just wanted to give a update....

I went to check on the snake about 3 hours ago and i found it dead, i didnt think it would last long, i feel bad for it. But thank you to everyone that wanted to help in one way or another.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!