Bad Guy Joe Schmidt – STOLE MY SNAKES - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
DRUSS
Joe Schmidt – STOLE MY SNAKES

Joe Schmidt – STOLE MY SNAKES

My name is Joe Russell, Here is my situation:

Joe Schmidt (josephschmidt81@yahoo.com) purchased a trio of adult western hognose from me on May 10th 2010. It consisted of an albino male, a het albino female, and a normal female. The animals were shipped on May 13th for a 14th delivery. Joe acknowledged receipt of the snakes, and confirmed he was happy with their health.

[IMG]Libraries\Pictures\paypal2.png[/IMG]

Then a month later I get an email from Paypal, stating that Joe is requested a refund for the amount of the trio. Paypal froze my account and ultimately reversed the initial transation of $1000 back to Joe.

[IMG]Libraries\Pictures\paypal1.png[/IMG]

To this date Joe Schmidt has not returned the snakes, nor has he paid for them. I have now noticed that he has the albino male posted on Kingsnake for sale.

Link to the albino male hognose on Kingsnake: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=6&de=799335

I have pics of the snakes for proof. And emails from Joe confirming the albino hognose in the ad is the same he stole from me.

[IMG]Libraries\Pictures\paypal3.png[/IMG]

He has no intention of paying for this snake, or sending it back, despite him claiming to. I provided a date for their return and no snakes ever showed.

All I want is either the return of my snakes or the money he agreed to pay for them.

Joe Russell

Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Willow
you may want to re post those pics...and also take a screenshot of the KS ad and post it here as I don't think it will stay up long....you should also post all emails between the two of you...why did you not dispute the refund with paypal? if you provided paypal with a tracking number to paypal then they should not have sent a refund.....please post anything you have related to this situation...anything to help prove your case.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
spyder79
post any and all email traffic you have to prove your case. How did you ship the animals? If you shipped it via fedex or ups paypal would not have reversed the charge so long as you showed the tracking number giving proof that the package was delivered.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
krieg222
kingsnake has rules i would contact them with your info

Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
AltitudeExotics
it should be an easy fix if you send paypal the tracking number from the shipment, this will prove he received them, and the money will be returned to you.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
Joe

What reason did he give to PayPal for requesting the refund? If you can, post a screenshot of his dispute

Old 08-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
jfreels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
also take a screenshot of the KS ad and post it here as I don't think it will stay up long....
Here's the KS ad

Old 08-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltitudeExotics View Post
it should be an easy fix if you send paypal the tracking number from the shipment, this will prove he received them, and the money will be returned to you.
No need to turn this into a long drawn out event...when the solution is so simple.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
hhmoore
If you have a valid tracking number showing they were shipped, AND emails confirming receipt, there should be absolutely no reason for PayPal to have pulled that money. Is there something you're leaving out?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
spyder79
Something doesnt add up here. It seems there are holes in the story. Also the OP has yet to provide proof of this transaction. And he has responded to no ones posts here. I would love to hear the person being accused sie of this wonder if he was notified.

something seems wrong here

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!