Adoption BP - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 07:15 PM   #21
Bayou Beasts
Jeremy

Please e-mail me at webmaster@bayoubeasts.com I will try to help maybe I can drive to you to pick up the snake. The info you were given on the cleaning of the mouth and cage temps, humidity, etc., is all good and I would suggest taking the water out completely just offer water once a week for the snake to drink and remove it when it finishes. Water will not only keep everything wet inside the animal but it also offers a cool place for it to lay. Now get me wrong you do not want to cook the poor thing but at the same time you need to keep your ambient temps up a little higher than normal. The immunity systems in reptiles are formed and the higher temp range so if the temps go up the immunity system can start to fight the infection. Arrowhead rescue is in Ohio and is a great organization if you can get a hold of them they would take the animal. Like I said if you really need to get rid of it or are worried contact me and I will do everything in my power to assist you in making an educated and responsible decision.Tony Barbush

Old 02-19-2004, 09:10 PM   #22
Sybella
Quote:
The info you were given on the cleaning of the mouth and cage temps, humidity, etc., is all good
Thank you, Tony! I have saved a few snakes with this method. It works well for me. I've found it works better than a course of Baytril!

You didn't say where you were, Tony...are you in or close to Ohio? (I've been on the edge of my seat with worry for days just waiting for someone to take this snake! LOL!)

Old 02-19-2004, 09:34 PM   #23
scooterjoe
well i'll be honest i've tried but this guy really dosn't seam to care as much as he says to get this snake help, i've given him options as well as others, if i had a car that would make it i'd take the 4hr trip up to get him right now, it seams as if his snake got sick and he just wantd to dump it onto someone else. there is a shelter an hour and a half away that will take him, he is in your care right now so your responciable to get him help!!!!!

Old 02-19-2004, 10:40 PM   #24
MiSFiTz
This is his wife and no its not that we dont care we have put it in a smaller cage and are keepin heat on it untill we can get it to some one to pick it up (we did say pick up only we do work and dont have time to drive). So scooterjoe if you really want it you'll pick it up...

Old 02-20-2004, 08:41 AM   #25
scooterjoe
Don't try to throw this back on me, it's no ones responsibility to make sure this snake gets help but your own. I understand people work and are busy but the moment you brought the snake into your house it was in your care, that means the good and the bad, it seams like now it's sick and your ready to pawn it onto someone else. you should of put thought into what would happen if he gets sick, were is the closet vet, how will i pay the bill, BEFORE bringing him home. now your sitting back letting him die and all the time screaming "pick up only i don't have time or the money" well he is in your care and you need to get him help, i gave you the contact information of a rescue located an hour from were you live, even if it means missing work for a day then do it, and do us all a favor NEVER EVER BUY another animals if you can't take care of them right.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #26
Bayou Beasts
Joey

I agree with you 100% I have given my e-mail to them 2 times in my last post and in all of my posts have offered to drive to ohio to pick this animal up. Ohio is a 8-10 hour drive for me I was just trying to help. I have not recieved one e-mail from these people they are all working very hard and don't have time to e-mail, But seem to have time to keep posting "MY SICK SNAKE" well get off of you @$$ and do something people on here have offered many solutions and you seem to not care or are not worried enough to do anything for this animal. Just my opinion but it seems you have the "it's only a snake" mentallity if that is the case then just respond to one of the people on here that are willing and responsable enough to get it the care it needs. I am his wife, AND your husband is starting to seem like a real @$$ in this community More like your child than a husband. There have been many solutions offered and none have been taken you are just letting the animal die. I hope you don't have kids if so I am very scared for the day they get sick.

Do the right thing don't let the BP die.

Old 02-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #27
MiSFiTz
Sorry to say Joeys b*tch but we do have a 4 year old oh my god he made it to four...we have only gotten one email and he hasnt replied because he has gotten a day off work to take it to the vet happy now and if you think its so easy to get a day off I wanna know what land you are in....do you not read we have put it in a smaller cage and put heat on it to help it till we find someone to take it or now take it to the vet....I feel sorry for you judging people all the time seems you know how to do that better than read....if we wanted your mouth or didnt care we wouldnt ask for help....We have had this snake for four years and nothing has went wrong till we bought another one so its not that easy to let it go to anyone...thats why we decided to keep it and get it to the vet..we wouldnt have given it to someone who is an a$$ about everything anyways...thanks and now you can close the post....

Old 02-21-2004, 02:15 AM   #28
Sybella
That's wonderful! What did the vet say?

Old 02-21-2004, 06:43 AM   #29
pitbullophis
Oh my God

That's really all I can say.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #30
MiSFiTz
We go tuesday cause thats the only day we could go there were booked for 2 weeks but we are paying extra to get it in then...well let you know..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread