WARNING John Rodoff is trying to scam people WARNING - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2004, 05:46 PM   #1
ksshane
WARNING John Rodoff is trying to scam people WARNING

I just wanted to warn people about John Rodoff (email testudosfarm@albawaba.com )

I had posted a wanted ad for Anery boas on this site as well as others, and one of the replies I received was from John Rodolf.
Here is a copy of his first email:

To: aircap@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Message about: Anery Morphs Wanted

hello,
I just want to inform u that i have Anery Morphs for sale.
please contact me ASAP.
thanks.

And here was my reply:

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Aircapital Constrictors" <aircap@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: Message about: Anery Morphs Wanted
To: testudosfarm@albawaba.com

Hello,

I am interested. Please send pics, age, what they are eating, and how much you are asking.

Thanks

Shane Elliott
http://aircapitalconstrictors.com

And his reply:

From: "john rodoff" <testudosfarm@albawaba.com> Add to Address Book
To: "Aircapital Constrictors" <aircap@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Message about: Anery Morphs Wanted
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:34:40 +0000

the pics are attached.

please get back to me ASAP
thanks.

Now for the scam part. The photos he sent are as follows.

I recognized this photo right away. I knew I had seen it on another website. So I did a search, and sure enough. This was Tom Burke's Type II Anery (that’s right.. a type II.. not a normal anery).
So I contacted Tom about this, and he informed me that he did in fact sell this boa to Peter Kahl (http://www.pkreptiles.com/)about a year ago, but he didn’t think that Peter would have resold it.

So now for the second pic

This one I didn’t recognize as fast, but it did look familiar. When I did a search for it. I found out that this is actually Ralph Davis' (http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/) type II anery.
Well, I just got off the phone with Ralph, and he informed me that this boa is still in his care.

I do have a couple more emails from this individual, and I would be glad to post them, but basically he tells me that the boa in the first pic is WC, and that he would take 145.00 plus 80 for shipping and handling for it.
Then he tells me that he is from Africa, and that he would want the payment sent via Air Mail, or by transfer.

I have not contacted Mr. Rodoff yet to let him know that I know what he is trying to pull. I was hoping to get an address first, but since he says he is from Africa I don’t think it would do any good.

Old 07-19-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
gmherps
What the hell is the matter with people these days?
People just are not figuring it out. If a deal sounds too good, it probably is. Good research Shane!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!