Jeff Schofield - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:29 PM   #11
silvano_06095
David, how about posting some details about the deal?? What you purchased, what specifically went wrong, etc. A little proof would help all of us uninvolved readers understand what on earth is going on. Because right now it just looks like a lot of empty accusations with nothing to back it up.

Or Jeff, can you fill us in on this deal?

Thanks

Old 07-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #12
nicolai
dave,any emails yet?

Dave, I see your here now...Can you post those emails for everyone to see. We all are trying to figure out what is going on here, if you have those emails and can post them it would really help the people here to believe you.
Just wondering whats going on>
Nick Bonn

Old 07-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #13
David Scarboro
Ellen I will be glad to! I am trying to convert e-mails to a type of file that I can attach to a post. But anyway, here is the condensed version... I responded to an ad at ks.com about some snakes for trade. While I didn't know Mr Schofield personally, I was familiar with his name from reading the "for sale" ads. He had some Great looking animals in his ad. So after talking to him, I shipped him four nice snakes, all females. hypo brooksi, any. hondo, az. mtn. king, and a grayband. My wife of 24 years told me to check him out further, but he seemed nice and knowledgeable. He had a "hard luck story" about being ripped off by a partner that was a little wierd, but the bottom line is that I sent the snakes. When he went to ship his animals, he sent a tracking# I was following it, and all of a sudden the pkg. turned around and went back to his house. He said that a snake had gotten out, the shipper had seen it and returned the whole pkg. in another box to him. He sent another tracking #. When the box arrived, the first thing that I saw was part of a snake between the box and duct tape. It turned out to be a skinny gentilis. I spent two hours freeing the snake with baby oil. Unfortunately, it has since expired. Anyway, when I opened the box the rest of the animals were not what he had promised or pictured in his ad. I posted pics on this forum a couple of weeks ago about his Red Milk (really an eastern) and everyone agreed. That post is still here. When I contacted him after not hearing anything from him for over a week after the animals arrived, he did admit that he had gotten "the best of me". He promised to send a nice Red Milk, again pictured on ks.com. Yesterday, after a couple of days in transit, (he put the wrong zip and phone # on the pkg.) it arrived. When the pkg. got here it had a stinking athletic sock, no snake. Then last night he posted and said my phone was disconnected. (never has been, never will) I have references that are older than Mr. Schofield. If someone will email me with instructions an how to convert his emails to me into files that can be attached to a post, then I will lay it out for the whole world to see, and we will let everyone make up their own mind.
Thanks
David Scarboro Jr.
Dahlonega, Ga.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #14
David Scarboro
also...

I would like to add that I have bought animals over the last 10 years from 40 or 50 people. Never a problem. I did a large trade this week with Randy Ellis. Read the post. Also I am an ebayer on the side. I am "goldcitytoys" I have 277 transactions this year with a 100% feedback ratio.
Thanks for looking
David

Old 07-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
DThomas
All you have to do is copy the text of the emails and paste it into a thread. That is prefered over converting them into a text file and uploading it.

Old 07-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #16
thomas davis
man

sorry to hear mr schofield isnt holding up to his end of the bargain,as i stated in my other post on thread that was moved to milksnake forum, that is totally an eastern and get anyone ANYONE! s.brown,t.dunham,d.good,ANYONE to say thats a red or even an intergrade for that matter its pure triangulum i see no syspila in it at all! nor would anyone,its a shame someone like jeff.s. has done this and to think i was gonna do a purchase or trade from him also HA! i think not. and i would advise ANYONE considering doing business wjeff.s. to examine and read this thread, there is no excuse to misrepresent animals, none!, but then after blatantly busted still doesnt make it right?WTF?,also the packing methods, snake loose stuck to duct tape?geez?, just simply pathetic and unacceptable imho
thomas davis

Old 07-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #17
Jeff Schofield
35 years??

David,it was my contention before I sent this snake that you didnt know a NA milk from a hole in the ground.Misidentifying a red milk(someone kindly confirm Shannon Brown on this),not knowing the size of adult gentilis(I have had smaller ones LAY for me before),and then claiming my fault on both....(??)My pics of these animals have been in the photo gallery in kingsnake for a while and during that time(maybe 5-6 weeks ago)my camera was lost as I have told everyone who asks.Was there any shipping error?A bad address or phone should have been corrected after the first shipment dont you think?I do admit to shipper error in breaking open the packaging on my first shipping attempt(which I freely admitted to in an attempt to be forthcoming).If you have
been in the hobby for 35 years I am sure you have opened packages to find snakes crawling around before...I know I have several times.I dont know what this has to do with anything as everything was sent and recieved according to the airborn.I would really like to see ANY NA milk "expert"contend me with any of this......Reading T.Davis' retort,IDing a milk from a photo like that is to be done by experts--NOT by 15 yr olds on an open forum.I am not interested in PUBLIC opinion,I am interested in EXPERT opinion.You 2 can try and slam me all you want but the truth will continue to hurt only you.....notice MY story has never changed.There is only one truth.Jeff

Old 07-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #18
SPJ
Quote:
David,it was my contention before I sent this snake that you didnt know a NA milk from a hole in the ground.
Does that mean you sent him the wrong snake hoping he would not realize it because he didn't know what one actually looked like?

Old 07-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #19
thomas davis
well

mr jeff.s. im not 15 im 37 and you are wrong dude,plain in simple you misrepresented a snake,i have some of shannons animals,get him to say thats a red or even an intergrade,heck get ANYONE in the hobby to say thats a red(syspila) or even an intergrade for that matter it wont happen because im sure shannon knows his snakes as do i know mine,PLAIN AND SIMPLE YOU SOLD AN ANIMAL THAT YOU MISREPRESENTED,,,FIX IT
thomas davis

Old 07-10-2004, 07:24 PM   #20
David Scarboro
Red Milk?

For those of you who didn't see it, here is a pic of the Red Milk that Mr. Schofield sent. This is only one of the animals that he misrepresented. I have been trying to upload his emails in the test area, but am not having any luck yet. I do have someone who is going to show me how, and I will get them up.
Thanks for looking
David Scarboro Jr.
Dahlonega, Ga.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!