Jeff Schofield - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #31
David Scarboro
more of jeff's emails

David,first of all the eastern and the red you have mixed up.The eastern is from a REAL rare locale that I discovered about 10 years ago but have been awaiting research to publish papers.The bigger RED is a nice animal,but is not "typical"of MO reds.....it is from IA.The others look appropriate,they are likely benefitting from the move as most snakes I know LIKE the jostle of shipping and feed better.I think that genitilis will recover fine,it was feeding on f/t fuzzies no problem before shipping(besides the obvious male skinniness).I am still not sure what you want for compensation and I know you are still holding a PYRO that is likely a great animal.....Hey,its mostly up to you.I do know I made out "better" in the trade but seriously had nothing more to offer up as "freebies"more than the turtle-which I am very glad you liked!.If you want to get back to me on these feel free,as usual I am always more than accomidating,Jeff

Old 07-12-2004, 06:59 AM   #32
David Scarboro
Red face read for yourself, it gets better

David,I didnt here back from you after my shipment,usually this is a good sign,lol.The red milk is the larger one,it is NOT 7" but at least 2'.The gentilis is a skinny male,and I never claimed them to be cb as I got these from Shannon Brown last year-males are notoriously skinny this time of year as they usually have one thing on their mind.The eastern milk was "kind of" a throw in as it was wc the week I shipped--and I told you these wc are prone to blistering remember? I would not doubt that you MAY have a feeding problem with him because he is fresh but that is how I get mine to do the best--start with small ones tease feeding.Honestly I am wondering if one of the snakes may have escaped packaging(dont know how considering the sheer amount of duct tape used,lol)so I would like to confirm some pics.The albino nelsoni is a nice adult.I was going to throw in some other stuff like I told you but was COMPLETELY taken by this guy in Florida so I couldnt add more from that order.I will try and work things out with you as I want you to feel satisfied.Let me know what you want to do.THanks,Jeff

Old 07-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #33
David Scarboro
Red face Anyone besides me seeing a pattern here?

David,I THINK I understand your point of view but that does NOT give you a right to try and ruin a reputation that has taken me years to build.I too have been a part of some bad deals but I have been understanding if someone TRIES to make it right.Say what you will but I have tried,you cant argue with that.Sending an extra animal and eating the shipping like I did is NO SMALL thing,you have to know that.I simply CANT BELIEVE that a small,cooled snake could force a hole in that sock(It wasnt old and ratty,just a bit dirty!lol)and THEN avoid all the duct tape to escape.....Being emotional doesnt do anyone any good.I am out another snake and shipping so the deal is really done at this point,sorry.I hope everything works out for you,Jeff

There was so much duct tape on the pkg., that it was an obvious, (to me) message. Just a stinking gym sock with a hole the size of my thumb in it!
Thanks for looking
David Scarboro

Old 07-12-2004, 07:09 AM   #34
David Scarboro
Red face and he says I called him names!

David,you are a sob.That snake you got is a RED MILK.I dont know how many of them you have seen,or maybe just the ones you have seen are the NICE Missouri animals......it is no coincidence that the pics most people see and like are of exceptional animals.That one is not exceptional I agree,but finding and purchasing exceptional ones is almost impossible.....I got mine by buying out whole collections and then holding back the 1-2 snakes that caused me to make the purchase and selling off the remainder at a loss. I have another red milk,but I dont want to send it to you if you are going to complain about it too.If you go to my pictures on the kingsnake gallery and take a look at the pic of the RED you got,you will see a redder,smaller one in the background.IF that one is acceptable to you I will send him as well.Let me know,Jeff

Old 07-12-2004, 07:41 AM   #35
David Scarboro
Red face finally!

I will keep this as emotionless as possible.
1. Mr Schofield totally misrepresented his animals.
2. I had specifically asked for animals eating f/t. That didn't happen.
3. He can't pack animals.
4. He can't keep his numbers straight. Earlier in this thread, he states "I sent 7-9 snakes" (he sent six) (and then a dirty gym sock) I would suggest that he doesn't know what he sent. Also, after the first pkg. (which I never got, it was returned to him with a snake hanging out of it) I resent him all my contact info. (excerpt below) then he had the audacity to state on this thread that my phone was disconnected. Never has been, Never Will! Jeff, Too many lol's not enough plain honesty!
Thanks
David

David Scarboro Jr.
6309 Hwy 19 N.
Dahlonega, Ga. 30533
hm. 706 864-0670
cell 706 344-2706

If instant karma really does "knock you in the head" then I suspect that Jeff has a headache right about now.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:50 AM   #36
Chris Kennard
Can you post a photo of the head of the milk snake in question?

Old 07-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #37
David Scarboro
Red Milk

I let a friend with Ga. DNR have the snake to be used for educational purposes. He considered it an Eastern too, although I'm am sure that he would say himself that he is not qualified to be called an expert. I have shown the snake to several biologists in this area, some with a Dr. in front of their names. General concensus is that although at first glance it looks totally Eastern, it is probably an intergrade of some sort. I will try to get a head shot and post it. However, this whole post was about a lot more than one snake. I am ready to be done with it though. Jeff has stated that he certainly won't be sending any more snakes, and I have enough already. We had agreed "I thought" yesterday to leave this thread alone, but when I got up this morning, I saw that he had wanted to get in the last word so to speak. That is why I posted some of his emails. If you read carefully I think that the story is there.
David Scarboro Jr.
Dahlonega, Ga.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #38
shannon
Wink Sorry it took me so long to get here...

Guys,

I have no idea how jeffs shipping methods are cause I have never recieved a snake from him but I can tell you that the brown colored milk in the pic next to the dollar bill is from Madison County Iowa.
It was collected by my good friend kirk setser along with about four normal looking reds.Thats the reason I wanted the group.
I thought it must have been some kind of morph cause it didn't really have any color to it other than black and brown.
It does look like a eastern and thats why locale is so important.

I had that animal one other w/c and two offspring from it and sold them all to jeff last fall along with about 20 other north american milks.

I can't speak for any other things about the deal except that?

Shannon Brown

Old 07-15-2004, 11:50 AM   #39
thomas davis
well

quote:It does look like a eastern and thats why locale is so important.end quote
what does that mean shannon? easterns range into ia?
are you saying because it was collected in ia thats what makes it a red? it may be an intergrade w/a redmilk but from the pic it is clearly an eastern or intergrade but i just dont see it as a pure redmilk nor would i represent it as such in a deal, which is what jeff.s did and which is wrong IMHO
peace
thomas davis

Old 07-15-2004, 12:11 PM   #40
Jeff Schofield
I think you are too hung up on a name

Thomas,if you understand NA milks you understand the problems associated with them--namely intergradation and subspecification "problems".These dont easily translate into the RED MILK ON PAGE 67 of the milksnake bible.There are no hard and fast RULES,that is why honestly representing the animals is so important as far as locality--which is MORE important than arbitrary NAME.I have honestly represented the animal,so has Shannon.I know that there are pics of EASTERNS that are similar to the animal pictured,but if you want you can read Williams' book and see how arbitrary the red/eastern definition is....and how many scale counts and band counts overlap.But I suggest that this isnt as important to you as what it looks like.This I cant help you with,noone can.If you are really a NA milksnake expert you will understand this.If you are just demanding to be right because of a picture......Jeff Schofield

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!