For Sale 2015 Fader Line False Water Cobras - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
Cold-Hearted Exotics
2015 Fader Line False Water Cobras

I have a few Male Fader FWCs available asking $350+shipping. Shipping is dependent on weather obviously. Feeding weekly on frozen thawed rat fuzzies, but these chow hounds will eat anything though.

What is Fader?I know most of you are asking ourselves what the heck I am talking about. Fader is a line that I have started producing after I saw that was coming out of these parents. The animals are born from a Hypo x Normal, and they look like regular hypos or normals young but quickly, the latter 2/3 of the animals fade out, almost completely.

Pictured below: Picture 1 is the animal for sale. I have more than one available though.

Picture 2: A Normal Fader I sold last year. You can see that his neck is still normal, but the rest of the body has faded. This is different from a hypo because the whole animal would be faded, not just parts of it.

Picture 3: This is my holdback Hypo Fader from 2015. This photo was right after her 5th shed and is nearly patternless. This is a clutchmate to the animals for sale. She was fully patterned when she was younger. I have photographed her after every shed starting at the second shed when I noticed she was something special.

So that folks, is the Fader line and you can have a Fader yourself! These males are ready to go!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 01-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
wohlerswi
This is a common occurrence with false water cobras nothing new.
Will

Old 01-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Cold-Hearted Exotics
Will, I had spoken with lots of people who keep and breed FWCs and they have seen nothing like the female in picture 3 or the kind of fading happening here. I am working with this line to express more the fade to create near patternless animals through selective breeding. These fade to a higher degree to any FWC I have seen or that fellow breeders have seen. I do not claim a new morph, but I am working with these as a possible new line in hopes to succeed in my work. (Sort of like in carpets, getting brighter high contrast animals through selective breeding)
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
englishaussie
By selective breeding you mean Line breeding which is actually in breeding related animals?
Just like all the other morphs throughout the hobby, very pretty but genetically weak!

Old 01-24-2016, 08:43 AM   #5
BeauBoi
Ignore the haters. You have some beautiful animals, and if I were set up for them and had the room, I would definitely invest in one.
~Beau

Old 01-25-2016, 01:19 AM   #6
gophersnake13
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishaussie View Post
By selective breeding you mean Line breeding which is actually in breeding related animals?
Just like all the other morphs throughout the hobby, very pretty but genetically weak!
Literally every snake as you know it within the hobby is selectively bred. Corns, milks, kings, balls, almost none of those look as clean and brightly colored in the wild as the captive lines do.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:35 PM   #7
englishaussie
I am not a hater, but i have been in this hobby for 40+ years, these so called fader line snakes look just like hypo or super hypo, i have hypo myself which have lost or faded pattern, this is nothing new.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:59 PM   #8
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishaussie View Post
I am not a hater, but i have been in this hobby for 40+ years, these so called fader line snakes look just like hypo or super hypo, i have hypo myself which have lost or faded pattern, this is nothing new.
So...you took time out of your day to dis his thread because he called a morph by a name you don't agree with...?
~Beau

Old 01-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #9
wohlerswi
No it's because he is selling fairly common looking animals as something they arnt for an inflated price. I said in my very first post about this that the fading is completely normal with fwc's. He then went on to talk about all the breeders he's spoken too etc. Well I produce close to 100 falsies a year and his animals are nice examples of normal hypo and normal falsies. His female super hypo is a screamer but the fading is completely normal. That doesn't make any of us haters. No one is putting his animals down. They are very nice and look healthy but he is marketing them as something they are not. It's misleading to prior that don't know better. ..... like you. I sell my animals for $100 each as hatchlings and they all grown into some degree of fading. Does that warrant me selling them as 350 animals? I think not. Englishaussie also breeds false water cobras. He knows his stuff too. Does anything me or him said make us haters? I don't agree with the guys talking about Line breeding or inbreeding that is a crazy stance to take. We are simply saying his animals are normal examples of what they are. Haters? I think not. Whistle blowers maybe. ...........

Old 01-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #10
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlerswi View Post
No it's because he is selling fairly common looking animals as something they arnt for an inflated price. I said in my very first post about this that the fading is completely normal with fwc's. He then went on to talk about all the breeders he's spoken too etc. Well I produce close to 100 falsies a year and his animals are nice examples of normal hypo and normal falsies. His female super hypo is a screamer but the fading is completely normal. That doesn't make any of us haters. No one is putting his animals down. They are very nice and look healthy but he is marketing them as something they are not. It's misleading to prior that don't know better. ..... like you. I sell my animals for $100 each as hatchlings and they all grown into some degree of fading. Does that warrant me selling them as 350 animals? I think not. Englishaussie also breeds false water cobras. He knows his stuff too. Does anything me or him said make us haters? I don't agree with the guys talking about Line breeding or inbreeding that is a crazy stance to take. We are simply saying his animals are normal examples of what they are. Haters? I think not. Whistle blowers maybe. ...........
Well, in that case, anyone looking to buy one will have pictures of animals exactly like his but with lower prices come up as soon as they google them, natch?
~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread