Sssnakes Reptile Rescue Service Of Ohio - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
BoaJim
About your adoptions

I would love to adopt a Boa Python or monitor from you. I have been into reptiles for about 8 years and am ready for a few new friends around here. I am Located in Indiana but will drive to where you are to pick something up. I have a few spaces open in my collection for large reptiles. I love Retics Burmese Pythons, Boas and large monitors. I have a few of each already and would not mind getting some more. Let me know if you have anything to adopt. My E-mail is bachatta2@aol.com. If you would like me to send pics of living arangements I would be happy I make stackable cages and have more cages then I do reptiles so let me know.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #12
crazycorn
Do people ever stop asking for free animals?

Old 02-02-2005, 09:36 PM   #13
sugarkornbizkits
Warning!

Yes, there are some people that just want free animals, but not everyone is like that. I have adopted a leopard gecko, and am waiting for it to warm up some to have another leo shipped in. I paid adoption fees for both of them. I just want to provide caring, forever homes for them. I would take in a lot more animals, but I just don't have the room right now. All of my animals are spoiled rotten and oh, do they know it.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #14
sugarkornbizkits
Wink

James, I do know of a reptile rescue located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I don't know if that's too far of a drive for you, but they always have larger snakes and monitors/iggys up for adoption. They do have an application that you have to fill out first, before they allow an adoption to take place. Their website is www.arrowheadreptilerescue.org If you don't find what you're looking for there, I can look up some other rescues that are also located in southern ohio.

Old 02-18-2005, 04:28 AM   #15
Nessa
I was wondering if anyone knows where this rescue is located. I noticed that the question was never answered. The only reptile rescues i have heard of in ohio other than us (herphaven reptile rescue) was arrowhead, bear's house of reptiles, and minerva's den. Thanks for the info if you have it.

Vanessa

Old 05-28-2005, 10:09 AM   #16
SnakeCharmerGuy37
nothing up for adoption at this time sorry i have been very busy out of town...ill post what ever i have for adoption on the site when it comes available thanks Harley

Old 05-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #17
SnakeCharmerGuy37
Hi no need to prove anything with tax papers as this is a non-profit buisness i do on my own free time nothings taken in & kept unless its somethinhg i want if i call it rescue thats what it is i rescue unwanted,abandoned,abused,negelected animals i have been doing it for over 13 years now & been dealing with reptiles for over 22 years i dont need some one trying to act like im diss honest or a liar im doing a good thing for free to all the people out in the world who go out & buy a cute little burmese python thats only 22 inches long & inside a year its over 7 f/t eating rabbits where it used to eat mice & all because the pet stores dont explain anything like that & the customers will buy anything no matter what if its cute regardless of what experience they have & thats why we end up with so many unwanted,abused,negelected abandoned animals everyday so thos who know me or want to trust me do so for those like your self who fell im diss honest or out to make a profit thats your choice there is no money to be made off rescued animals here if there is any kind of charge at all its to help me pay for vet bills & food or if i have to travel outside of ohio which is very,very rare thanks for your concern but im fine thanks bye Harley

Old 05-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #18
SnakeCharmerGuy37
First off all animals are posted here if there is any up for adoption how ever as you all can see there is none not many calls for rescues in ohio where im located secondly as for you saying what you did about me taking some one to court well ....far as im concerned there is no such thing as....as you put it ......unintentional neglect if you go to buy an animal & you dont know anything about raising or caring for that certain animal then you work 40+ hours a week & you never handle it or feed it or spend time at all with it going into the animal purchase you should read books,magazines & so on about that certain animal & be sure its what you want & that your able to care for it the way it needs to be cared for there for yes if a person buys 1 iggy then doesnt have proper lighting or food & doesnt handle it & then goes out gets 5 more tanks with 5 more iggys then negelectes or abused or what ever to a total of 6 now iggys then yes that person deserves to be taken to court & fined heavily & during that process they are also required to take a special course on owning & caring for animals to complete their punishment because if your old enough to go buy this stuff & your not a kid which will usually require a parent if your not old enough anymore at pet stores then you did know from the start that you wouldnt be able to do it & at a certain point if you dont realize your abusing or neglecting or what ever a animal when its legs are swelled from unproper lighting & feeding & or it become agressive & bitting & with drawn then you have some serious issues & you shouldnt own any animal or kids for that matter it would be like leaving a child in a diaper 24 hours in its own urine & waste & then thinking at the next morning well i suppose i should change your diaper you smell pretty bad now its been 24 hours wouldnt you consider that abuse or neglect & want charges filed on that parent of course anyone would its no differant with an animal thats the problem with society today everyones to soft & a slap on the wrist doesnt work the world the shape its in today is because of being to soft & saying stuff like"Now Now you done a bad thing dont let it happen again & we will let you go free" if they slapped big fines on them & or more serious charges then sooner or later the uneducated will try to become more educated before going any further in life if a child molster who has molested a child is smacked on the wrist & gets a year in prison then released into our neighborhood & he molest 3 more kids a year later who do we blame the parents or the courts see if the first time he done it they gave him 20 years he may have changed & never done it again because his punishment was so hard the worlds got to get stronger & tougher not softer...thanks harley

Old 05-28-2005, 10:39 AM   #19
SnakeCharmerGuy37
im in columbus,ohio thanks harley

Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #20
Distel_24
any gators or turtles

I am starting an educational program on wetland wildlife...really any reptiles you put up for adoption would be acceptable but crocodilians and turtle species would be the most wanted....I have tons of experience and keep/have kept a variety of reptiles and amphibians of all shapes, colors, and sizes....I would love for you to drop an email if you can at k_distel@yahoo.com Thanx Clarke

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread