Sssnakes Reptile Rescue Service Of Ohio - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #51
nascar
Wow You Are So True Very Nice Letter I Live In Fl And There Are So Many Snakes That People Let Go And Then When Someone Finds It Cause It Is Eating All The People Cats And Dogs It Gives Snakes A Bad Name And It Is Not The Snakes Fault It Is The Owners That Let The Snake Go In The Wild People Like That Should Be Put Behind Bars And Never Let Out..... Bob

Old 11-21-2005, 05:15 PM   #52
darkbloodwyvern
sad but true

people, please, check up on the people yoyu give and sell your animals to if it's at all possible, they may not be the best for your pet-don';t make your animal into a problem by not gvining them to a responsible rescue.

http://www.anapsid.org/societies/#lists
i have seen multiple people ask for free animals, claiming they are a rescue or shelter, when they are really just selling or neglecting the animals because they thought it would be "cool" to own a cobra or a twenty foot snake. be responsible, do your research. Melissa Kaplan's site is the best one around, please use her as a reliable source. The only good rescue in my county (humboldt, CA) is on her site, and they have been very helpful AND they are liscensed, which means they can take good care of any animals they recieve and are responsible enough to not take advantage of those who adopt animals from them. Please, for the animals sake, RESEARCH! those aren't angry caps, just desperately pleading ones....

Old 11-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #53
NMReptileRescue
Wholeheartedly agree...

I can't agree more with Wyvern. You have to be REALLY careful about who you relinquish your animals to, and even who you adopt from. We recently had a listing stating that we were being overrun with RES, and that they were available to approved homes with adoption forms on file with us. I could not believe the number of "rescues" that crawled out of the woodwork, offering to take one or all... asking if we had other reptiles we'd like to "get rid of," etc. It's also good to find out what sort of veterinary care (if any) the animal will receive upon arrival at the rescue, the name and phone number of the rescue's vet, and then even google the vet clinic to make sure it's legit. We're a fairly new rescue, and have made ourselves an open book. I know if *I* was giving up one of my guys, I'd want to know EVERYTHING I could about the organization they were going to. Thank you for stating it so eloquently, Wyvern.

Jennie
NMRR

Old 11-30-2005, 01:40 AM   #54
Nessa
I completely agree. I know of a lot of resellers here in Ohio that claim to be rescue's and then sell the animals on reptileaution.com. They will only take an animal if it's worth money. Then when the "rescue" won't take an animal we get a call. The thing is a lot of the people we have dealt with are so determined to get rid of there animal any way possible the could care less who the give it to. Then you get the people who think that we are a horrible rescue because we deny there adoption application and that if we cared about the animals we would give them to anyone interested. We are located in Sandusky, OH and have drove all over this state to pick up animals and do everything possible to give them great homes. It makes me so mad that people like the guy that started this thread give us true rescuers a bad name and make people have to think twice about whether or not they can trust a rescue.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #55
dawgy
hello i am looking for beardies or red tail boa or ball pythons if you have any for adoption please let me know thank you

Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #56
Cat_72
This forum is for finding homes for snimals that need to be adopted, not for soliciting free animals.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #57
joeb808
hello. I live in indiana and it said that you are in ohio. I will help donate some stuff cages lights, and ect. if you can e-mail me at holtzrd@aol.com with what you have. thank you joe

Old 01-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #58
Bringerofdoom
I hate to agree with the majority of fauna here, but if you are trying to run a professional reptile rescue biz, you are not impressing anyone here.

Quote:
First off all animals are posted here if there is any up for adoption how ever as you all can see there is none not many calls for rescues in ohio where im located
This kinda bothers me here, i live in columbus ohio and we have a monthly reptile show about a mile from where i am at. There are tons of people who buy on impulse and need people to rescue these impulse buys atleast 2 months later. I gets tons of people looking for me to take them off their hands, i have to refuse because i just dont have the space. Alot of the people who come to these shows come from outside of columbus and sometimes out of state.

I have not really read anything you have posted, because of lack of punctuation and sentence structure. Anyone who is supposed to be a professional or business type of person should know how to create things like paragraph's and put periods at the end of each sentence. With the way you type you leave people under the impression you are someone under 20, looking for free animals that you cannot afford normally. We here at fauna and other message boards see this stuff all the time.

By the way, since you claim your biz name is Sssnakes Reptile rescue, do you own a business license? I am going to say no you don't at this point. Non-profit or not, which you are not a non-profit licensed orginization either. If you had some sort of real business title, besides a name you just made up, i should be able to find you here. http://serform2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/...SQL.SHOW_PARMS , but i get nothing.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #59
darkbloodwyvern
the guy hasn't posted in the thread for ages. hopefully we've scared him off.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #60
brianhepp
i need a female ball python or a female bearded dragon. i hate that people treat there animals like they r nothing and i want to give animals that have been rescued a second chance at live. so if u have one or a call beck number that would be great. i live in NE ohio. thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread