Jeff Schofield- JEFFBIOLOGIST@ aol.com - Rude Emails - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
USAGECKOS
Jeff Schofield- JEFFBIOLOGIST@ aol.com - Rude Emails

I emailed Jeff the other day about an ad that he has on Kingsnake for an Albino Nelsons Milksnake, and I guess I had sent him an email before asking him about it and never decided to buy the snake. Jeff's email in reply to my most recent inquiry was pretty nasty and uncalled for.

Here is my original email to him:

HI,

I am interested in your 0.1 Adult Nelsoni het albino. Can you tell me
how long/old she is and has she ever bred, and can you send me a
picture? I live in Mass so I can pick her up.

Thanks,

Jeanne

And his reply

Jeane,you have seen this snake before.I sent you a pic but you never got back to me.I am in Duxbury and the snake is on the north shore(newberryport).If you are SERIOUS about getting it this time we can meet.Jeff

My reply

Can you send the pic again to refresh my memory?

And then he replied with this email which I think is TOTALLY uncalled for, all I did was ask for a picture:

Somewhat 0f a **** you........Never mind,B

(The work he used was the F word)

Just totally uncalled for and I thought people should know what kind of person he is

Old 06-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
ecmorrell
Haha, it happens to me sometimes that I accidentally bug the same people twice to see if they have an animal I'm looking for.

Too bad about that guy, some people need to take a chill pill.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
Jim O
I lived in Massachusetts for 17 years and while I don't know this guy I have two comments. First, if his snake is in Newburyport he should know it's not spelled Newberryport. Anyone from Mass knows that it's pronounced "New-bree-port" not "New-berry-port". And second, if his snake is in Newburyport and he is in Duxbury, how is he taking care of it? I ask this because as they also say in Mass, you cahn't get theh from heuh.

Seriously, it's evident he does not really want to sell the snake. Here's a sign for him.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
Ecarinata
Jeff is fairly well known around New England. It sounds like he was willing to meet her with the snake rather then take and send a photo. In my dealings with Jeff,he has been very efficient with his time and doesn't seem to suffer fools lightly. If he followed up once I can see him being gruff the second time. There are a lot of folks out their just window shopping, collecting photos, and wasting sellers time.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecarinata
Jeff is fairly well known around New England. It sounds like he was willing to meet her with the snake rather then take and send a photo. In my dealings with Jeff,he has been very efficient with his time and doesn't seem to suffer fools lightly. If he followed up once I can see him being gruff the second time. There are a lot of folks out their just window shopping, collecting photos, and wasting sellers time.
So that makes it OK for him to swear at a potential customer? He could ignore the e-mail if he thinks it's a "window shopper" or a "picture collector". That's his right. He has no right to speak that way to Jeanne. He owes her a nice public apology.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
USAGECKOS
Quote:
If he followed up once I can see him being gruff the second time. There are a lot of folks out their just window shopping, collecting photos, and wasting sellers time.
So, it is ok for him to send a completley rude and uncalled for email because I asked for a photo? And yes, I am a serious buyer, I just got a Male Albino Nelson and need a female to go with him.

Quote:
It sounds like he was willing to meet her with the snake rather then take and send a photo.
Most people want to see the animal before they drive out of thier way to buy it.

Either way, what he said was way out of line.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
So that makes it OK for him to swear at a potential customer? He could ignore the e-mail if he thinks it's a "window shopper" or a "picture collector". That's his right. He has no right to speak that way to Jeanne. He owes her a nice public apology.
Exactly..Thanks Jim

Old 06-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
While it's true that certain types of inquiries can get pretty tiresome, their is never any justification for the kind off response that Email contains. If you can't keep it civil, you have no business in retail, online or otherwise.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
USAGECKOS
Jeff just emailed, here is his email and my reply:

Quote:
Jeane,I want to apologize for the email last nite.You were right,that was uncalled for.I had mixed you up with someone else.But I do know I have sent you a pic of her before,you had even called and spoke to me on the phone.You said you would follow up and send money.You didnt.Sorry again,Jeff
And my reply:

Jeff,

I really think you are mistaken, I don't remember ever talking to you on the phone, and I never told anybody I would send them money for a milksnake, and if I do tell people I am going to send them money and I decide not to get the reptile I ALWAYS let them know. This is the first time I have inquired about Nelsonis that I remember, but even if I am mistaken and I did say I would send you money, your email was uncalled for and you should know that I posted on the B.O.I.

Sorry it came to this,

Jeanne

Old 06-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
This has nothing to do with this person as I don’t know him, but when I see uncalled for replies I can’t help but wander if people might be TUI (Typing Under the Influence).

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!