Rare Monitors up for Adoption - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #91
TripleMoonsExotic
This will be my last post in this thread. Peter and I spoke privately about how out of hand this thread got despite our good intentions on educating Daisy and Thomas. I would like to post a public apology to Billy for how this thread got hijacked. I'm sure everyone understands whom has read all of these pages how ridiculous it got and how we had to repeat ourselves to deaf ears.

To Daisy and Thomas, your actions here in this thread made it apparant to myself and many others your lack of knowledge and interest in gaining knowledge.

Thomas, keep useing that spell check. It's a useful tool that will help others understand the point you are trying to get across.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #92
Palex134
I agree with this. Thomas, I did not mean to for you to feel as if I insulted you. No, I dont speak anything besides english and a bit of spanish. And I have never been anywhere near where you have been. I did go to costa rica once, but that was for surfing. Anyways, I am sorry that this thread got so out of hand also. I hope the monitors find a loving home. Bob, please contact me if you still can't find a home. I may know some people that could help. Thanks everyone. Goodluck

Old 01-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #93
sppeavy
Hello, I would like to ad a pair of emeralds to my collection. I currently have a large black throat, a water, and a large nile. I saw a emerald at one of the reptile shows and have been wanting to get one, but they are so expensive. I build my own cages and actually have two 4'x4'x8' cages that I just finished putting together for a friend, then he bailed out on me, so they are mine now. I would have to follow a diet that you are using, all mine are on different foods. I have gotten all of them from rescues, so thier eating habits are all different. Let me know if you are will to give a pair of the emeralds up and possibly the timors. Ill have to research the timors more, so just the emeralds for now. The cage is pretty bare at the moment, but i have a huge stock of drift wood and vines and tons of stuff. Email me at sppeavy@hotmail.com so we can talk farther. I have a ton of questions. Thanks, Shaun

Old 01-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #94
Clifton Thomas
catching a child hood dream

I have dreamed of having emeralds and kimberlies since I was a kid. I have bred bosc monitors and was hooked when I got to watch my first baby poke his nose out of the egg. I am working on a biology degree and I live on a farm so I have plenty of space for habbitats. I breed boas and pythons now but have been looking to get back into a monitor project. I do sell reptiles but I only sell what I can breed. When my dad got me started in 1979 we bred them so we wouldn't impact the wild populations. Its just being responsible. We breed what we have a passion for. Now that I am older and capable of providing proper homes for them(monitors) I am looking to them again. I wish there was a way we could sit down and talk face to face because this doesn't at all convey the essence of the person. Even talking on the phone is better because you can judge the persons emotion. I know what my intentions are and thats to keep the two species I have the greatest passion for Kimberly rocks and Emeralds. I never could afford to buy them. I know relativly nothing of the pilbara but will by the end of the week if its been printed. The Kimberly rocks will be personel pets if I am chosen. I hope you decide to take the chance to put me on the spot in person or on the phone.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:26 AM   #95
sppeavy
For some stupid reason, I thought I saw you having timors also. Anyways, I have room for 2 pairs, or 1 of each. I checked out some care sheets and I do have electric mist systems for the cages that can be installed. They say the tree monitors like a more humid atmosphere than other monitors. I wish I could send you pictures of these cages, they are awesome. A friend paid me to make huge cages with built in branches and perches, then he said he didnt want them, so i have two awesome setups for larger lizards or snakes. Im a pure collector, when I have had some eggs, I have given the babies away to friends or other collectors. If your intrested, I would prefer 2 emeralds and 2 blues, but any other combo would work, I just dont want any of them to fight. Those Kimberlys are beautiful also, but I would bet most people want those the most. Email me at sppeavy@hotmail.com. Thanks, Shaun

Old 01-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #96
BILLY WILLIAMS
Greetings everyone,

I apologize for my absence from my thread over the course of the weekend. I must say that this turned into something much larger than I had expected, with a large portion of it comprised of childish banter and nonsense, which I am utterly disappointed at. I posted animals up for adoption, and it turned into a battleground between many of you... and you expect to me to hand over my animals to you???

I am especially disappointed in both Palex and TripleMoonExotics behavior in this thread, as much of what they had posted had nothing to do with the original post, and was nothing more than antagonistic comments directed at both Vampiregirl and Kawtnuffin. After I had stated that I was not comfortable giving my animals to you(triplemoon), and after Palex said he was unable to take my animals, that should have been the end of your comments. I must say that I lost my respect for you in particular, Palex. Upon initially posting on this thread, I had thought of you as being a mature, and down to earth individual. After reading through the pages upon pages of content stimulated by you(among others), I have lost the respect I once had, and your credibility in my eyes is reduced to that of any other 'child' on this website who likes to mess around..

Over the weekend, I had contacted every individual who responded to this thread. Interestingly, many of the individuals never responded back to me. After talking with several people(those I was able to get in touch with), I have decided to send my animals to Thomas Felgerson (Kawtnuffin) in California. In fact we made arrangements to ship them out this morning, and the animals are now out of my hands, and are on a Delta flight out to California as I type this.

Although his spelling and grammar wasn't perfect, what I found most appealing about him, was his honesty. Upon speaking to him on the telephone, he basically told me everything about himself; even some very personal information, including his short stint in the prison system of California, as well as his upbringing as the son of a Baptist Missionary in Papua New Guinea. While I do not think I've ever met him, although I am not positive of this, I trust him in everything he has told me. I do not see a reason why he would lie to me, especially while we are talking mono-mono on the telephone. From the list of candidates who I was able to talk with(and those who did not even respond to my replies), I felt that Thomas would be the best candidate for these animals. He was the only person that I felt confortable in believing to be an honest to good guy(after all, he was raised by a baptist minister!) Education and grammar do not matter when it comes to keeping reptiles, and I am sure he will do a good job with them.

Thomas has also agreed to post on this thread when he receives them, and offer updates on their progress in the days to come. Good luck Thomas, hope to hear some good news in about 2 more hours...! Give us an update when you receive them.

Thank you all for the many responses (those that were not childish in nature) and interest in my animals. I feel that these animals are now going to be in the best of hands and care, where they can continue out a normal and healthy life. I understand that this was a rare opportunity, and many of you may feel disappointed in my decision, as I did not choose you; but I think we can all agree, that Thomas was the best candidate for these animals.

Thanks again people,
Regards,

Rob

Old 01-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #97
BILLY WILLIAMS
I did forget to mention that I decided to keep one pair of Emerald Tree Monitors. I will see how keeping this one pair goes, when put up against my soon to be-busier work schedule.

Thanks again,

Rob

Old 01-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #98
SPJ
Quote:
Over the weekend, I had contacted every individual who responded to this thread.
Not everyone. Not even a response to the PM sent to you.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #99
Bill & Amy
Hey Steve,

He must have gotten your pm because shortly after you posted that you sent it, I was looking at his profile and it said he was currently looking at your profile.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #100
SPJ
OK. Guess he got it then.
Oh well. Must've thought I was still in the business side of things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread