Rare Monitors up for Adoption - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #21
Palex134
agreed.

good way of saying it.

P.S. that dog is intense.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #22
Cat_72
LMAO, thanks.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #23
TripleMoonsExotic
Thank you, Cathy & Peter. I'm glad someone else saw that labeling me a "dealer/broker" was ludacris.

I couldn't dream of taking all of them (though my Fiance would be in monitor heaven), but I could simply offer one pair a new home if you couldn't place them all at the same location.

Regardless, if you do nothing else, insure they go to a responsible home and require an adoption fee. Even a contract that binds the new owner to return them to you if they can no longer care for them.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #24
Palex134
I think if he posted them in the classifieds, someone with the money to pay for them and their care would be happy to take them. This would ensure that some people who can't take care of them, I know I couldn't, wouldn't get their hands on them. And even though it is not about the money, I am sure you could find a use for it, if not, there is always a shelter looking for a few thousand bucks.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #25
BILLY WILLIAMS
I am sorry Tom, but I don't believe I know you. Forgive me for saying this, while you may know a deal about monitors, from what I was able to make out of your posts, you seem rather arrogant and rash. Of course, I don't know you(at least I don't think I do-did we meet in Anaheim??), so I do not know what to believe. But so far, nobody has been as bold or outlandishly hard-spoken as you.

Old Skool: Can you please elaborate on your experiences with monitors, and perhaps your experiences with Bengals?

Palex, I think I have seen you around some of the reptile forums if I am not mistaken, and I think that you are a very knowledgeable keeper, and it is a shame that you are not able to take on these animals, as thus far, you seem to be the best candidate.

I am looking for an honest and deserving individual to take on these animals, who will give them the life they need(not in educational shows or vision cages!). I have seen some prospective 'applicants' thus far, but I would like to find out more about each of you on here, so I can compare you all in one place(this thread).

Anyone else interested? I am looking to have them in their new homes by next weekend, so I still have a few days left of deliberations.

Rob

Old 01-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #26
SPJ
Sent you a PM.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #27
Palex134
Billy,
thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them. I am sorry to say that I can't offer a home for all the varanids. I dont really have the time or space. I would only be able to take a pair or so, and that would take a lot of preperation, so you might try and find a home for all of them at once. You might want to get some pictures of them and post them around to see if someone wants them. I hope this helps. I wish I could help you more and offer you a home for them. Ill keep in touch though.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #28
VampGirl
Greetings billy, I would love to take them off your hands i have been looking into getting a monitor and this could be a great start. /before you say no let me explain my self and why you would pick me. I have keep a beardie and a iggy the beardie grew up great and the iggy he didnt make it. I blame the store he wasnt growing after 16" i know it had to be the shops bad condition. So dont let that affect you choice. But see the most reason i feel in contact with these animals is my people used to ride and keep dragons way back when. Please dont think im nuts its just my Religon i chose to believe in. But i think it has a bigpart on why the beardie 'Drangon' made it and the iggy did not. I already moved all my stuff out my room and into my kitchen to keep them in and will be giving them my whole room. SO you see how much i care about these guys and all that i will do for them. P.S. what do they eat so i can get a thought of what to get when im out at the food store, I hear turkey is very good for them no?

Old 01-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #29
Palex134
you do know that owning a varanid is like owning no other herp. They keep you. They decide for you. Its something you dont relize until you get one. These species are very hard to take care of, especially the tree monitors. For a first monitor, try an ackie. they are great. I think someone with a bit more varanid experience should adopt these.
just my opinion.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #30
VampGirl
well please but i dont mean to sound rude but i do feel i can keep these animals and they would be very healthy in my care my people have been keeping reptiles for Generations and its in my blood. My beardie made it out great and would have ate your skinks for breakfast! i dont want to sound mean but i do feel im ready for them these other people are jokes and just want to make a fast buck off them i want to raise them and keep them for as long as they are alive. I dont feel someone like you should be saying anything as they are not your animals to start with and you have no say in the matter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread