Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #191
ColleenT
Excuse me. i just thought that someone who works in the field, should know about what they are talking about.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #192
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenT
Excuse me. i just thought that someone who works in the field, should know about what they are talking about.
It would be nice, lol. Unfortunately, the people working for the individual companies are often uncertain of the policies...or, in some cases, knowingly violate them. Take a look through some of the threads here, the inconsistencies are amazing.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #193
ColleenT
well i got my sample package out today. i put 2 used heat packs in there, taped, but on each i wrote that they were 40 hour heat packs and that i would use real ones when i actually shipped a gecko. i placed a photo of a gecko in a gladware type container with holes, and used a styrofoam lined box that was labeled PERISHABLE and had Arrows pointing UP on all of the sides of the box. i also, then filled the box with packing peanuts and a styrofoam lid and then sealed it shut. i hope it's good. i don't know when it will arrive back, but i did request it. then i call my rep- and ask for a Harmless reptile waiver. at least that is what i was told. i was given his name, number, and ext. i guess i wait until my package is evaluated before i call him?

Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #194
hhmoore
my rep told me I was approved before I heard anything from Testing. I still feel that it is best to utilize your rep instead of bypassing them...unless, of course, they just aren't doing their job (then get a new one...if they can't manage this, they won't be of much use later)

Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #195
ColleenT
after i get the waiver, what else is my rep there for? how can he help me?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #196
PythonGuy
Just called and they said that they only ship business to business. Should I just make up a business name or how should I go about that?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #197
PythonGuy
Also I'm curious as what to put on some of the questions on the Packaging Services Application. To name a few:

Fedex Express Acct No:
Fedex Ground Acct No:
Fedex Freight Acct No:
Product Name:
Model No:
Product Weight:

I think that's it.. Also, it keeps asking me for a 9 digit Acct number to access certain parts of the site, which I never recieved.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #198
ColleenT
did you register at Fedex.com? you need to do that first. i basically will say that i am moving my animals to other breeders, which are also a business.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #199
hhmoore
You get your account number when you register (whether online, or however). The stipulation of business to business is not that difficult to deal with...it is amazing how many people have some sort of home "business". The option of shipping FedEx to FedEx, with the customer picking up at the destination facility, is always there...and I recommend it - especially when weather/temperature are less than ideal (saves a lot of truck time)

Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #200
PythonGuy
It never gave me an account number, on my profile it says account number N/A. I'm trying to delete that account and start over but the link for the deletion of an account is dead. I've contacted them but have gotten no reply. Very, very frustrating.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver