Eggs! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
cornsnakekid92
Eggs!

I just got my first eggs. Well my female has already laid one egg and it is in the oven cooking. How long is normally between when they lay their too eggs? ANy advice? HOw do you incubat them? HOw do you tell about humitidiy?

Old 04-15-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
nydrgnldy
Well First of all isn't this someting you should have researched before you even put a male and female together??
They should lay both eggs together maybe a few minutes apart.
Do you have an incubator? you needed one like a month ago at least.You tell how much humidity there is with a humidity guage.

Get an incubator asap if you don't already have one put the eggs in deli cups with either vermeculite or perlite ...add water until the vermeculite/perlite is damp not soaked.If you squeeze it and water drips thats too much water.You want the temp in the incubator between 80 and 89 depending on if you want males or females.
That should help you out some. But you really should have been asking these questions before you put those 2 together. this is not something to just jump into without knowing these things.
Robin

Old 04-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
cornsnakekid92
Well, I have had an incubate set up for over 3 weeks. I know all the temps but i was just wondering if any one had tips that you can only get from experience. I did not breed the female but i bought her and she had eggs. Well she only gave me one egg but i think this is her first year breeding. but the egg is about 1.25 inches long and .65 wide. I am incubating at 86*F

Old 04-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
BalloonzForU
That is one BIG egg! She can lay a clutch every 2 to 6 weeks. I've had them go between 2-4. I have not had one wait the 6 weeks yet, but I've heard of it taking that long on occasion.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Geckogardener
Geez, that sounds like a chicken egg! Maybe it's a double yolk and you'll get Siamese geckos, lol.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
A_Kendergirl
Are you sure she was breed? Females can lay eggs without breeding, but they won't be good eggs. Is your egg still plump and white?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!