Copy right laws and Tim Bowels - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #61
Darin Chappell
"To be direct, I don't believe the e-mail you have forwarded is what you received from Mr. Bowles."

Tell Brett Nelson to believe what he wants, but that he will need to be able to prove his allegations, should he try to go further with this. He may be willing to act for free, but I wonder if he will be sharing the damages with Tim, should they both be found to be bringing arbitrary actions against you.

Jim, if you are in the right on this, as I believe you are, based on the inofrmation at hand, you should get yourself a lawyer, and have him address Mr. Nelson, so that he knows you are not unprotected, or intimidated in any way.

I wouldn't put up with such tactics from amember of the bar for even a minute! I suggest you don't either.

Old 02-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #62
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Jim
Remember these past "actions" of yours.

Just a quick review for the history revisionists in the group.

Quote:
I will stuff this <font color=red>[bleep]</font>er with such a big rat that it will puke it up every time you sneeze.
Your threat to intentionally harm the animal.

I am going to have her tested for the virus until then I am not giving you crap for her.
You threatened to not pay or out right steal the animal.

Don't know what to tell you, except Bobby has allready picked the animal up. I cannot give you again what I do not have. Maybe Bobby is now the scammer,
You lied again about you having the animal in your possession

Sorry Bobby showed up last night and took it allready.
You lied again

I remember her..
You lied or was mistaken or what ever your story has changed to by now.

Hey Rob, Thanks for the input. I am not going to totaly screw Tim out of his money but maybe I will wait to pay for it until it is big enough to breed ? What do you think of that ?
So you were planning on screwing me?

Hey Timmy boy when you get back from your vacation I got a bone to pick with you.
P. S. thanks for the snake.

Plan on stealing the snake Jim?

Yes you are totally innocent and a model citizen.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Jimbo.

I think that just about sums it up for Jimbo's innocence and just how far he will go.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:02 PM   #63
Ghi Reptiles
I think the sad thing is Jim was definately intimidated on the eye-spot emerald deal. He had a week or two to pay I think and then got the pay right away or else letter (or something to that effect). When he payed he was brutally made fun of on another forum by Bobby and Tim...I mean stuff that you couldn't imagine one person could say to another. All I can say is it was real bad. I think on the day that Jim got a letter from Brett Nelson, Bobby even came on one of the forums and posted something like 'Hey Jim, you've got mail'. These guys are just a joke when it comes to ethics or class!

Nice to see you here Tim.....got to hand it to you I didn't think you would ever have the guts to post again after what you did.....

Old 02-20-2004, 06:39 PM   #64
Glenn Bartley
Has the BOI hit rock bottom? Why is this post on the BOI in the first place? This was not a good guy/bad guy inquiry of any sort but rather a business inquiry or better still a legal inquiry - or should I say, in my opinion, a nasty attack masquerading as an inquiry! Yet it has little to do with the BOI as I see it.

As for the original question: Any one who uses someone else's copyrighted material without permission (or even who uses uncopyrighted material owned by another person) is, in my opinion, nothing but a thief. From what I can gather, if I understand correctly this is what the thread starter, Mr. Scharphorn, did to Mr. Bowles.

Now this guy seemingly wants to make it hard for Mr. Bowles because of apparent past personal disagreements and business dealings gone sour and he is asking our help to do so. Others here have tried to help him out by making suggestions as to how he can harrass another FC forums member. To boot, this stuff gets permitted to remain on the BOI. I find it hard to believe that this stuff keeps happening over and over again.

Please, don't get me wrong. I do not mind giving a cheat or a scoundrel what he/she has coming (and note I am not targetting anyone); but when you are dishing it out to someone it ought to be at least legal if not also ethical - don't you think! Using copyrighted materials without permission is, I think, against the law. Some of you guys really are way too much.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:40 PM   #65
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles
I think the sad thing is Jim was definately intimidated on the eye-spot emerald deal. He had a week or two to pay I think and then got the pay right away or else letter (or something to that effect). When he payed he was brutally made fun of on another forum by Bobby and Tim...I mean stuff that you couldn't imagine one person could say to another. All I can say is it was real bad. I think on the day that Jim got a letter from Brett Nelson, Bobby even came on one of the forums and posted something like 'Hey Jim, you've got mail'. These guys are just a joke when it comes to ethics or class!

Nice to see you here Tim.....got to hand it to you I didn't think you would ever have the guts to post again after what you did.....
Since your here spreading lies again Matt.

What about this quality animal from Matt Lerer of Ghi Reptiles?

By the way Matt, thanks for the Avalanche and the vacation is going splendid thus far.

But this thread is about how Jim stole my property without permission. See if you can stay on topic.

Jim has proven to me to be a liar and a thief.
Everyone posting has agreed that Jim was and is wrong.
End of story.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #66
TimCoplan
BM Tim why arent you posting under mark or eyespy? I really didnt appreciate that picture that you altered of mine, that represents and illegal group. Somebody on the forum forwarded the pic/post to my parents and they have contacted a lawyer, because doing that with a pic of a minor, is well very illegal. How about you take down MY Pic from you retailboa account, Or i will have to contact mr BRETT to represent me.

THANKS SO MUCH

Old 02-20-2004, 07:01 PM   #67
jim scharphorn
Hey Bowles, how about telling everyone why I sent you them E-mails ?? I wonder if it could be because I was threatened by you and by Bobby pruett,, Not once but twice by bobby and at least 5 times by you. one day after another.
Your threats to me day after day provoked me to say stupid things I did not mean.

And as far as lieing well you lied to me first, so what is it not OK for me to lie to you. double standards ? or as long as its Tims standards

Remember ( 1.1chondros that was 2.0 )
Breedable female that we are speaking of ? half the weight it needed to be to breed ?
HUH not fare for me to lie to you HUH

Old 02-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #68
Ghi Reptiles
As you said 'Tim' save the pics and stories for the appropriate thread like the one involving you that has almost 60,000 views this one is about Jim and you crying about a picture on his site.

Speaking of pictures, you have a picture of Tim Coplan on your Redtailboa site that was altered and depicts Tim as the 'Proud spokesman for N.A.M.B.L.A.' (North American man Boy Love Association), one of the most disgusting and hated groups in America where grown men are encouraged to have relations with young boys. You are absolutely a demented individual for even uploading this to your account. So if it is ok with you to have an altered pic of someone else on your redtail account when you didn't have permission why are you crying about a pic Jim had on his site? Just harrassing the guy again from what it looks like to me.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:42 PM   #69
richard till
Timmy of course!

Timmy Timmy Timmy,

Firstly try to avoid bringing your obviously unpleasant sexual predilection into these internet discussions they make us all shudder.

Secondly you should answer Queeny's question why do you have a photo of a minor on your site with that disgusting motiff across it?-Im not surprised his parents are disturbed by this.

I think this needs resolving before we can even progress to a reasonable dialogue concerning your ridiculous legal threats which you are in no position to carry out.

Kind regards

Richard

Old 02-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #70
HouseOfSerpents
Disappointing

Its a shame to see an adult stoop to that level with a kid (no offense Tim). If I were his parents, I would take issue as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread