Bad Guy Constrictor Creations - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
Warren_Booth
There would have been a very simple, polite way to word an email when inquiring about this animal:

"Hi, I saw your add on XXXXXXXXX. I have been interested in a sunglow motley for a while and am mainly looking for an adult, or proven breeder. I understand this is neither and I know this is a low ball offer, but would you consider taking $800 for it. I completely understand if that is unacceptable, but how about you come back with a counter offer?".

With that kind of email, I would then turn around and think, hmm, this person is interested. What is the lowest I will take. When I get emails like that, I counter. When I get emails that are clearly low ball offers, with some nonsense about "knowledge" and "connections", when I answer, I tell them to use their "knowledge" and go to their "connections" to get the animals they need at low ball prices.

There are ways to approach someone when interested in an animal but not willing or able to pay the asking price.

Warren

Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #32
Christina Vincent
I don't think this warrants a bad guy BOI thread.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #33
Christina Vincent
Exactly Warren.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
Insidious
That's more of the answer I was looking for.

I wouldn't feel that is the exact way I'd word it, that isn't in my nature, but if giving my explanation the way I did about why I was offering what I did was rude, I'm not seeing it.

As for everything else. I don't care. I don't mind if people here decide not to buy/sell from me. I don't care what kinds of opinions people form.

As for you Warren. I'll keep what you said in mind for future reference, and try to not be maybe so blunt or set in stone.

Thank you.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #35
Insidious
The placement of the last sentence is wrong, the whole thing (almost) is for you Warren. As for a Bad Guy BoI needed or not, I just thought it was interesting at how he seemed to get excitable over what seemed like (and are apparently not, for reasons I just might not be able to understand) nothing but a common courtesy.

Either way. I'll say again. He apologized, gave an explanation which isn't my place to share, and I appreciated it. That at least is a redeeming quality.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #36
Insidious
Oh and Warren. I've got a 9'8" girl that looked VERY much like a CA boa when she was a baby. She's got good indicators for being BCI, but I'm thinking she might be a BCIxBCC mutt or just a freak. She's massive. And she is from late 2009.

@Christina Vincent I thought I was right and it is nice to see that someone else can see it from my point of view. But a lot of people think I was in the wrong. While I feel adamant about where I stand on being right or wrong, I do appreciate your input about how I could have helped the situation go better later by picking up the hint of grammar. I seldon do any business online or through email/text. I didn't think about it.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
And I'll be glad to show you how rude he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
I don't care what kinds of opinions people form.
Didn't you start off this thread with an attempt to persuade opinion against Jason? But all of a sudden when people voiced opinions about you, opinion doesn't matter?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
Insidious
I didn't care what people's opinion of his was or becomes. I was showing people that he snapped. VERY quickly.

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion of he or I, you're entitled to it but I don't care what it is either way.

I'm done stating what I was showing.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #39
KORBIN5895
It's okay. We have all seen what you have shown us. We all saw you act like an arrogant and foolish person most won't do business with. You actually showed us that quite well.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #40
Christina Vincent
Lol @ sarcasm. No it is not usually construed well thru text alone (without smileys duh). I am fluent in sarcasm and see it well but also have gotten pretty good at small hints that some others don't take it fondly or find it as funny as I...ok well BIG hints taught me to bite my tongue lol especially if I was the one in need or asking for a deal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!