Info Thomas Raspoptsis - Pending Refund... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
spmacarthur
Stop! Thomas Raspoptsis - Pending Refund...

Hey everyone,

In 2013, I bought $13,500 worth of reticulated pythons through Thomas Raspoptsis, and the Sentec Facility. I then gave Thomas $26,000 for eight banana ball pythons.

I never received the banana ball pythons... and am still waiting for a refund.

This is not mentioning the cost of buying 50 females for the bananas to breed, and then maintaining them for two years. This has cost me a lot of money, and I would not do this again.

I will update this post if I get paid back, or if I have to take this to court, etc.

Thanks everyone,
Sam

Old 05-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
spmacarthur
Thanks to the members who have been talking to me about this and giving me advice, very appreciated!

Old 06-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
scosta56
Not doubting you , but do you have any proof of this sale ? Any emails or receipts? Also if you have been waiting 2 years for these animals I would say it's safe to say plan on going to court. This day and age bananas are worth 300 bucks if lucky. Good luck hope you get your money back... Going to court is definitely a must though if he still owes you money in that large sum.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta56 View Post
Also if you have been waiting 2 years for these animals I would say it's safe to say plan on going to court..
Depending on the charge and the statute of limitations, that may or may not be an option.
Have you notified Thomas?

Old 06-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #5
spmacarthur
Thomas and I frequently talk, he's been very good about answering the phone and calling back. I believe I should be good for another few years under the statute of limitations as well. I already have a lawyer on retainer and ready to go too.

This thread is not negative, merely a place where I will update the status of a large transaction that went wrong. If he pays me back it will be positive, and if not it will alert other collectors about a possible danger.

Thank you all for the kind words!

Old 06-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
scosta56
Definitely do however it seems as though this is a negative transaction.... You paid thousands and thousands of dollars for animals that have not arrived in 2 years ... Also the value of said animals has decreased so much.. That they are now worth 300 bucks a piece for makes ... I don't think waiting much longer to take legal action is a wise idea Mr. MacArthur. He owes you big time, and I'm sorry just because someone keeps in touch with you over this matter doesn't mean he is or will make it right. It has been 2 years. That is just my 2 cents. Take it ash you wish ... I just fear if you don't take any of it you may be out 26 grand since the statue of limitations ran out on you.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #7
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmacarthur View Post
Hey everyone,

In 2013, I bought $13,500 worth of reticulated pythons through Thomas Raspoptsis, and the Sentec Facility. I then gave Thomas $26,000 for eight banana ball pythons.

I never received the banana ball pythons... and am still waiting for a refund.

This is not mentioning the cost of buying 50 females for the bananas to breed, and then maintaining them for two years. This has cost me a lot of money, and I would not do this again.

I will update this post if I get paid back, or if I have to take this to court, etc.

Thanks everyone,
Sam
Hello Sam. You got railroaded... And I am deeply saddened by that. This community is worse than used car sales. Do you have proof of monies sent to Thomas? He popped up outta nowhere with some fine animals years back and then... poooooof! (Calm water)

Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #8
Bobby Douglass
Are you still willing to accept 8 banana ball pythons or are you demanding a refund or something valued at $26k?

Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
spmacarthur
Tom told me he would refund me being that bananas aren't worth the money anymore.

I don't know why he's screwing me over so hard, I've given him the option to only pay part back and we can call it even. Everyday it's a new excuse, and now he's not responding to me anymore.

Luckily, this is criminal and a class 4 felony in Michigan. I will absolutely press charges in addition to sueing. Tom will face 10 years prison time and court fine 1-3x as much as he owes me. This is not fair to me, he should just pay me back and start acting honestly.

His company name was "proherps" and his website was "esnake". I'll scan all court documents when the time comes so you guys can see what Thomas Raspoptsis has done to me.

I'll also post the text/email logs, so you all can see how dishonest he is.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #10
spmacarthur
Thanks for the responses guys! Every bit helps. I never expected that I would be robbed like this.

There are a few big-time breeders in the area that know Thomas and are disgusted by his actions. They're giving me some good advice too.

Tom's nickname is "HotDog".

Also, if he signs all his property away to his family/friends two years before I sue him, the titles can be recovered and he will be charged with fraud as well.

I don't understand why he won't do anything even when he's facing Fraud+Grand Larceny

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!