I want my user name changed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
kernel
I want my user name changed

I'm not sure who the admin here is, so I figured I'd ask here. Can one of the admins please change my username to: PWSerpents

Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Mistyck
Webslave is the admin...

But if you become a contributing member, then you can change your user name yourself.

Contributing member Info Thread

Hope this helps.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
hhmoore
No he can't....but, as a contributing member, his request to have his user name changed would be granted. (He'll still have to contact WebSlave to get it done)

Caleb - changing user names is an option reserved for paid members.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
Mistyck
I worded it wrong, My bad, Harald.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
Skanakis
I want my real name changed. To Cohen Shmuel.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanakis View Post
I want my real name changed. To Cohen Shmuel.
Why is the name in your profile different from what you are saying is real, then?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
kernel
Gosh, since when do you have to pay to have your username changed? Kernel is my name I use on forums, but I wanted it changed to PWSerpents (the name of my business is Piney Woods Serpents). I would appreciate it if you would grant a username change in this case, WebSlave.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel View Post
Gosh, since when do you have to pay to have your username changed? Kernel is my name I use on forums, but I wanted it changed to PWSerpents (the name of my business is Piney Woods Serpents). I would appreciate it if you would grant a username change in this case, WebSlave.
And why is it that you believe you are due an exception to this policy?

Look at this from my perspective, please. I would like to offer SOMETHING to members to try to entice them into becoming paying members. Quite a lot of the functions and features of this site, including advertising in the classifieds and advertising in the signature area, are offered for free to members simply by registering here. Since a member name change is something that I have to do myself, shouldn't I consider my time as having SOME value? And is this completely out of line and reason to take the position that making this a benefit of paying members is a prudent choice on my part? After all, from what I have seen some members would be content to have me change their member name every month or so as some recent fad or fancy makes a new name attractive to them. Do I REALLY want to spend a goodly proportion of my time simply changing member names at a whim?

So, look at your own case. You want to change what appears to be a PERSONAL member name to a BUSINESS oriented name. Apparently so you can reflect this more professional and business appearance when you sell animals or merchandise on this site. Well, if I may be so bold, do you think that a mere $25 contributor membership for you to make this transition to a BUSINESS appearance is unreasonable? I guess a lot of people would just like to have everything for free, but quite honestly, if EVERYONE here felt that way, well, this site just would not be here. Would it really be fair that I paid all the bills out of my own pocket while others were making money from my efforts to maintain this environment for them? Seriously, is it really out of line that since many people wish to make money off of this site, that I would like to make some money off of this site as well?

Yeah, I know some people are thinking that heck, why not just register a new account here with the new name you want. Yes, I guess you may think about trying that. But I do audit all new registrations, and when this is obviously being done, I block that new registration. Some may be missed, of course, but if discovered at a later date, well, that new registration is subject to being deleted. Heck, why bother having a policy if it isn't enforced? I actually had someone try to register a new business name three or four times, and couldn't seem to take the hint that it wasn't going to be allowed. I surely didn't intend to put up with that forever and they seemed bound and determined to keep me having to reject their efforts on a daily basis. Finally I had no choice but to BAN that new name here. So now he can NEVER use that name on this site.

Anyway, please look at this from my perspective. I need to make a living too, you know...

Old 07-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #9
kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
And why is it that you believe you are due an exception to this policy?

Look at this from my perspective, please. I would like to offer SOMETHING to members to try to entice them into becoming paying members. Quite a lot of the functions and features of this site, including advertising in the classifieds and advertising in the signature area, are offered for free to members simply by registering here. Since a member name change is something that I have to do myself, shouldn't I consider my time as having SOME value? And is this completely out of line and reason to take the position that making this a benefit of paying members is a prudent choice on my part? After all, from what I have seen some members would be content to have me change their member name every month or so as some recent fad or fancy makes a new name attractive to them. Do I REALLY want to spend a goodly proportion of my time simply changing member names at a whim?

So, look at your own case. You want to change what appears to be a PERSONAL member name to a BUSINESS oriented name. Apparently so you can reflect this more professional and business appearance when you sell animals or merchandise on this site. Well, if I may be so bold, do you think that a mere $25 contributor membership for you to make this transition to a BUSINESS appearance is unreasonable? I guess a lot of people would just like to have everything for free, but quite honestly, if EVERYONE here felt that way, well, this site just would not be here. Would it really be fair that I paid all the bills out of my own pocket while others were making money from my efforts to maintain this environment for them? Seriously, is it really out of line that since many people wish to make money off of this site, that I would like to make some money off of this site as well?

Yeah, I know some people are thinking that heck, why not just register a new account here with the new name you want. Yes, I guess you may think about trying that. But I do audit all new registrations, and when this is obviously being done, I block that new registration. Some may be missed, of course, but if discovered at a later date, well, that new registration is subject to being deleted. Heck, why bother having a policy if it isn't enforced? I actually had someone try to register a new business name three or four times, and couldn't seem to take the hint that it wasn't going to be allowed. I surely didn't intend to put up with that forever and they seemed bound and determined to keep me having to reject their efforts on a daily basis. Finally I had no choice but to BAN that new name here. So now he can NEVER use that name on this site.

Anyway, please look at this from my perspective. I need to make a living too, you know...
I see what you are saying, but don't you think $25 is a bit steep for a username change?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel View Post
I see what you are saying, but don't you think $25 is a bit steep for a username change?
there are multiple benefits for becoming a contributing member:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!