Wanted Seeking Blue Spotted Salamander(s) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #11
ns_dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrabarc View Post
If I find the time I'll do some searching around here. From what I gather, they're quite common in this area, just very secretive.
Very cool, let me know if you find any! Double check that they're legal to collect and such I've found some states have them protected from being collected, kept as pets, shipped etc.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #12
ns_dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgorsuch View Post
Your best bet is to wait until the vernal pool season gets started (January-March depending on where you live). Go out to the pools at night during or just after a heavy rain, and you don't even have to look for them. Blue spotted, Jeffersons, Spotted, Tiger, unisexual hybrids (depending on location of course) all come out in the hundreds to breed. Road cruising is a good idea if you don't know where pools are, as salamanders frequently cross roads on rainy nights in fragmented habitats.
Yeah, I'm trying to be patient but I want to try my hand at breeding these guys in captivity and I'd love to get some going by next breeding season, worst case scenario I wait until next vernal pool season but it would be amazing to start working at breeding them by 2020!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #13
cgrabarc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns_dragons View Post
Very cool, let me know if you find any! Double check that they're legal to collect and such I've found some states have them protected from being collected, kept as pets, shipped etc.
Well, if it's legal in your state, it's legal in mine. We're both in Michigan.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #14
ns_dragons
Wink

Quote:
Well, if it's legal in your state, it's legal in mine. We're both in Michigan.
I didn't see you were in michigan too, sorry! Good luck on finding some man, if you find some your willing to send me let me know!
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #15
cgrabarc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns_dragons View Post
Title says it all guys! I'm looking for blue spotted salamander(s) I've had zero luck finding any for sale that are in stock
Are you still searching? They're just now coming out of hibernation here. Saw one yesterday.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #16
ns_dragons
Quote:
Are you still searching? They're just now coming out of hibernation here. Saw one yesterday.
I just saw this but yes, I've been searching during their breeding season with no luck it's odd I almost suspect they're just nonexistent out here now I'm thinking i might just give up on it I wanted to produce some captive born babies for the pet trade but at this point that's not looking like a possibility
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
amphibian, bluespotted, salamander