Best camera for... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:51 PM   #1
djsreptiles2005
Best camera for...

I was wondering what you guys thought was the best possible camera for around $600? I'd really like an SLR, but I probably will not find one in that price range. I really like to take close up pics. That being said, please help me with your opinions for some options in my price range.

Sincerely

Jenn

Old 11-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
Junkyard
I have a Sony DSC H-1, they only make the DSC H-2 now. Great camera for around $400. It takes beautiful shots and great clarity. I was looking around for about 6 months before deciding on this Sony and I had a $800 price range. I could not be happier with this camera. Worth the money every time I snap a picture. Check out my threads for photos I have taken.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
Dipphoto
canon

the digital rebel

Old 01-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200. I highly recommend it as a point & shoot. This is actually my 2nd one (I upgraded from a 5.0MP). When I eventually get an SLR, I'll stick with Sony.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipphoto
the digital rebel
That is the best one I've seen.

I bought a Kodak Z612 the other day. Damn nice camera.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Nikon has a new one. D40. Looks pretty nice, and around the price you are looking to spend. I am really tempted to get it myself. For a few extra bucks, you can get a reversable ring to mount lenses backwards for Macro shots.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40/

Old 01-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsreptiles2005
I was wondering what you guys thought was the best possible camera for around $600? I'd really like an SLR, but I probably will not find one in that price range. I really like to take close up pics. That being said, please help me with your opinions for some options in my price range.

Sincerely

Jenn
Nikon D 50 is my choice of a good kinda not expensive SLR.
just the body will cost you around $500.00 and you can add a decent lens for about $180.00
The quantaray 28-90 lens with a macro setting will get you the great macro shots for not alot of bucks.
All the cheaper point and shoot cameras take great pictures, but you dont have the lens options.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 AM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
All the cheaper point and shoot cameras take great pictures, but you dont have the lens options.
My point and shoot you can. You can get an adapter for lens options.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:43 AM   #9
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
My point and shoot you can. You can get an adapter for lens options.
Learn something new every day,Thank you Stephanie

Old 02-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #10
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
I have a Sony DSC H-1, they only make the DSC H-2 now. Great camera for around $400. It takes beautiful shots and great clarity. I was looking around for about 6 months before deciding on this Sony and I had a $800 price range. I could not be happier with this camera. Worth the money every time I snap a picture. Check out my threads for photos I have taken.
OK, so I finally broke down and ordered an H-2. I am SO tired of taking 78 pics to get ONE good one...

How challenging is this going to be for a novice phtographer like me??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!