Wanna see something funny - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Wanna see something funny

Just a PART of the reason I held off breeding this year. Sammy is 18 months now, and may be old enough, but I don't know about the big enough part. LOL Like I said before, either one of these two could eat him and wouldn't even leave a lump. Not to mention squish the poor guy. LOL

I got other reasons also, but thought this looked funny enough to share. So looks like I'll pop his cherry at 2 1/2 instead. LOL

Enjoy
Rick

Old 12-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
gmherps
very nice pic!

Old 12-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
ericfire
gorgeous girls rick
ya he might be a little small but its worth a try
just keep them well fed if they will eat
Eric

Old 12-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Actually, I just had them together for the pic. Not happening this year.

Thanks for the comp on my girls.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Metachrosis
Let him breed till his eyes fall out !!
I bet he's got enough in him to Slam both them ladies till they bark like dogs . . . . . ... .

M/

Old 12-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Boa4u
That little male is gorgeous! I feel your pain, I put a youngster in with a big female and could not help but think about him mysteriously dissappearing, despite that from what I understand, boa cannibalism, if it even exists, is not common. I would have hated to loose a het sunglow and try to explain to my female that she is not supposed to eat other boas! lol! I too opted for the 2.5 year mark as opposed to 1.5.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
Let him breed till his eyes fall out !!
I bet he's got enough in him to Slam both them ladies till they bark like dogs . . . . . ... .M/
HA HA HA............Well, if she was just a few pounds heavier, I'd feel better. She's not even back to where I had her last year before breeding. Maybe if she wasn't so much like my daughter, I may chance it. But alas, she is like a daughter, so I'll make sure she's up to it first.

Besides, all Sammy does is beline for the water bowl and stays there every time I've put him in this year. No interest in the girls at all, and Aurora is ovulating right now too. I think they are just a tad too young yet. Not ALL males breed at 18 months, just the lucky ones.

Like I said though, I aint in a hurry. I been waiting a long time already. Thanks for the confidence though. He is a great looking boa in person. He will make some nice sunglows I am sure. And hopefully he'll have some of his dads Coral to pass as well.

Thanks for looking
Rick

Old 12-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Just got to thinking some more. I've been mostly concerned about her weight, but if she ovulates, is that not an indication her body thinks she's in good enough shape? Still sorta new to the breeding aspect, so maybe I'm off.

She is oviously ovulating, so i stuck in sammy again, and he bailed out AGAIN straight to the corner. I put in the anery, and he belined it for the girls, and is TRYING to have his way with Aurora. No more than 10 minutes.
Maybe Sammy just is not mature enough yet. ?? I could get a start on my Snow Boa though. HA HA Been wanting one of those too eventually.

Decisions, Decisions.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #9
M.Dwight
Hey Rick
You are right...if she is producing follicles and the anery is courting she is prepared to go. I say go for the snow. Female boas won't ovulate unless their bodies are ready to handle the four months of being gravid. Some colubrids will breed themselves to death but not boas or pythons. So why not get those snow hets?
Anyway, good luck with what you decide.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 AM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Back to square one. LOL I'll be waiting till next year. The anery is willing enough to court her consistantly, but he consistantly courts the wrong end.
Aurora had enough of bumping him off, and him coming for more, so she nailed him. It was a warning, I can tell cuz she didn't hurt him that bad at all. A couple pin holes is all, but I did pull this from his hide afterwards..........

Think he learned anything? Since he aint any bigger than my DH, I'll just wait it out till next year. No worries.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!