Ovulation question? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
crookedantler
Ovulation question?

I have this female pastel(pictured)she locked numerouse times with my male Lesser beginning 10/01/11,she shed on 10/31/11 and locked twice more that week but will have nothing to do with him now.She looks all "lumpy" now but I can't "feel" anything when I hold her or palpate her(never been good at that).Could these lums be ovulation? Is it something else or nothing? Thanks,Don.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
MrBig
Hard to tell from the pics, but it doesn't look like it. You would see some tail suck, she may be building but again hard to tell from the pics. Best of luck

Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
snakesRkewl
Your season has only just begun, she might be building but she's nowhere near an ovy by that photo.
The fastest ovulation I've gotten was 4 months after initial pairing.

They will shed and glow before ovulating, the difference is night and day.
When she glows you will pull open her tub and say hey, where did you come from? lol

Non glowing black pastel...

Glowing black pastel

Old 11-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
MrBig
Nice illustration of glowing Jerry. I've had a girl lay withing 3 months of first pairing, although she was off feed and starting to build before pairing.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
crookedantler
Great,thanks everybody,the pics were very helpful!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!