Where are the real Jungles? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
JCCS
That animal that Bill posted is amazing and about as golden as a jungle has ever been. I believe the issue is that there was only a very small number of jungles when they were brought in. Now there have been many more bloodlines introduced to the gene, and with all those genes, the original look of that specific bloodline is going to become a bit diluted. The only way you can prevent that is to inbreed the hell out of them, and we all know that's a bad idea. I think you are right, as with all things like that, some of those jungles were carelessly bred and just aren't great looking and some, like the one Bill showed, have been bred carefully and are amazing animals.

Chris

Old 08-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
jmwboas
I couldn't agree more with Chris. And not just on the Jungles, but any mutation.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
BrooklynJoe
I agree 100% Chris !
I think there has been great progress done with the hypos and pastels that has introduced some clean colors to Colombian boas. However I feel like there is so much potential with the Swedish line if re-introduced properly.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
RachelsBoa
I can't wait to show everyone my jungle project... Have to wait until all of the boas get here though!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #15
BrooklynJoe
Keep me posted Rach

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!