Freshwater fish foods - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Manticore
Freshwater fish foods

So....what's your favorite brand of prepared foods for freshwater tanks? Do you use the same food every day, rotate, or cook for your fish better than for yourself? Everyone I talk to seems to agree that Hikari is top of the line - any dissenting votes? Either way, whater are the next couple in line, and why?

Old 07-15-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
I like the Omega One fish foods--not that I have fish right now, took my tanks down when we moved, and haven't put them back up yet.

The fish seemed to really like it as well, and were quite healthy, and it didn't murk up the tanks as much as some other foods. The petshop I was working at until I had my son got me started using it, and they feed it to the store fish as well.

Here's a link that tells you some about the food, I have NO connections with this site, just found it through google.

http://fishstoretn.com/omega_one_fish_foods.html

Old 07-17-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
meretseger
Hikari's algae wafers don't have spirunlina as the main ingredient. Doesn't seem right to feed herbivorous fish mostly fish meal. Other than that their food seems good.

Other than that, I've bred platies using nothing but turtle sticks so I'm not generally too picky. I'm sure the specifics are more important when raising less hardy fish, though.

Erin B.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
ZaireBlue
Fish food,

Hello all, well first of all there are three trype of eater,
1. Carnivores= meater eaters
2. Herbivores= plant eaters
3. omnivore= both

well i have been buying most of my food from http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com since i have a lot of cichlids to feed, and eat ones gets ther own food,

you never wan tot mix the diets, where you place to diffrent fish in the same tank with diffrent diet needs,

as far as Herbivores you can also feed them peas,squash,zuchin,and spianch leaves, romane lettuce leave

as far as the carnivores you can feed them frozen krill, mysis shrimp,brine shrimp frozen or freshly hatch(FRY) and ocean cod,talipia,and salad shrimp(raw) these are the thing that i have used in some of my tanks for many years.

if not check out the best site at www.cichlid-forum.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!